Ever Tried Spray Painting OR Crocs?

sargent

WKR
I'm thinking about spray painting some camo on my old pair of OR crocodile gaiters for turkey hunting. Anybody ever tried this? How'd it hold up and what paint did you use? Thanks.

Fatcamp

WKR
I've painted some nylon fabrics. Use Krylon Fusion for plastics and do very light coats. Pretty sure black gaiters cost me a turkey last spring.

I have painted nylon over the years. I did a reasonable job of turning a bino harness into multi cam. It looks fine and wears fairly well but it will rub off. Easy enough to touch up. Not sure what it will do to breathability of goretex but I am sure it won’t hurt your waterproof ness.

S.Clancy

WKR
Just put some camo tape on them if you really have too. I hunt turkeys in grey pants and olive top, hasn't seemed to matter. Just don't move

lorsonts

FNG
I think I would go for cover vs concealment. I've never tried spray painting clothes, but i would be concerned with the paint affecting the water resistance, breathability, and durability of the material.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mechanicsburg

Lil-Rokslider
So some of the car fabric shops carry paint that dyes so it really stays on-in fabric. I used it on a white golf cart seat to make it black 15 years ago and it’s still on there

I'm currently working on spray painting my OR Crocs for this same reason. Definitley dont want that black being a reason for a scared gobbler!

Its almost bright black...

Will update as i go. I guess its best to do very light coats (with ample dry time between), so thats how im approaching it.

So some of the car fabric shops carry paint that dyes so it really stays on-in fabric. I used it on a white golf cart seat to make it black 15 years ago and it’s still on there
It would be different if dyeing from light to dark, but as i understand it, dying black to lighter color anything is not really doable.
I've read about bleaching the fabric first, then using a darker dye afterward.... not sure I'd want to bleach a pair of $80 gortex gaiter though!

Camo via spray paint seems the least risky and should work....