EverTherm 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
Seen this Jacket on EB.. curious for those that have it what their thoughts are. I have been wanting to get a Jacket like the FL chamberlin. However. This seems to be a similar warmth ability and better efficiency with much less of the weight. And a better price. What say you?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I bought one last month so haven't used it much. I like the cut and love how it's one solid piece of insolation. Not sure it's any warmer than my other puffies but it layers nicer under a shell.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'm pretty skeptical of more/same warmth at less weight. Weight is what it takes to make warmth. After looking at the specs I don't think this jacket is even in the same class. You could take it archery hunting in September but I wouldn't take it in November.

The OR Transcendent Down looks pretty warm in more of a economy model, albiet heavier since it's lower quality down.

I got a Rab Electron for $200 on sale and it's awesome. Might try to find one of those (17oz / 7.1oz of 800 fill).

go4thegusto

WKR
Classified Approved
I just scored my 2nd one for $80 with all the discounts. Fantastic warmth to weight ratio. The insulation sheeting technology they developed to hold down fibers in a structural sheet like Apex allows EB to not have any sewn through batting supports which are heat leak points. This jacket really works. I like it a lot.

FishfinderAK

Lil-Rokslider
I just scored my 2nd one for $80 with all the discounts. Fantastic warmth to weight ratio. The insulation sheeting technology they developed to hold down fibers in a structural sheet like Apex allows EB to not have any sewn through batting supports which are heat leak points. This jacket really works. I like it a lot.

Where’d ya find one for $80?!
I’d like to try one.

Deli

Lil-Rokslider
I think I paid $115 for mine. I would say you should not pay full price but when it's on a big sale it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BCsteve

WKR
I have one that I wear as an everyday jacket. It’s been my go to for the last two winters. I love mine and will be getting another one when the times come.

It's not traditional down, like loose feathers. They compact the down into sheets so there's no quilting and it's incredibly thin. I wouldn't use this jacket for cold, stationary sits, but it is awesome in an active scenario, fits well under a softshell or rain coat, and is totally windproof. I really like it, but it has to be used in the right application. It's an apples/oranges comparison to the chamberlain.

It's also perfect for an every day / on the go winter jacket, especially if you don't like bulk. I've worn it every day since temps hit the 40s back in the fall.

OP
Ntuttle15

Ntuttle15

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the info on this. Wasn't sure about the technology and how beneficial it really was. My gut told me chamberlain is warmer by far, but I hadn't heard anything about it. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
the evertherm stretch hoody is on clearance closeout right now in black unless it's sold out. It has 45g of insulation vs 30g that the evertherm 2.0 has, so it might be a little warmer. The 2.0 is very wind resistant and surprisingly warm for it's weight. Bottom line is if you're budget minded I don't think anything else can tough this for weight/warmth/$$ when you can get it at 50% off retail.