Everyday pant recommendations

PJG

WKR
Ive tried the Prana's, Eddie Bauer Guide, Vertx (really like these), 5.11 Apex, Duluth both the fire hose and dry stretch, carhartt, fjallraven, sitka, marmot....too many. For the money for me its not even close the Wrangler Flex waist outdoor pants, I'm always surprised these don't get talked about more.

adamm88

WKR
Iv just picked up duluth dry on the fly pants, very comfy and well built.

I also have a bunch of wrangler cargo pants that are cotton, if your not going to get them wet they work great, i have pairs that have outlasted my taclite pros amd pants that cost 3 times as much. I also like the wrangler outdoor pants, not as high quality as the cotton cargo but light and comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyyota

WKR
I’ve been wearing Kuhl renegade pants for years and I’m wanting to change it up so I went to Eddie Bauer to try on their guide pants. Their 30s were too small and the 32s were way too big. I’m not trying to be picky BUT it seemed like it wasn’t just a 2” difference.

What is everyone wearing for their everyday pants? I think I’m going to pick up a set of first lite corrugates and possible the new Sitka pants coming out but I’m wanting to expand my horizons. Thanks in advance.

Kuiu Attacks, or Tiburons for warm weather. Durable. Comfortable.

Mike 338

WKR
Well, are you fashion or function? Duluth Trading Fire Hose pants, in their various styles, are very functional but they're not designed to make your butt look good. I wear them.

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, are you fashion or function? Duluth Trading Fire Hose pants, in their various styles, are very functional but they're not designed to make your butt look good. I wear them.

Definitely function. My motto is never buy a pair of pants you can’t throw a kick in:)!

Agross

WKR
Ive tried the Prana's, Eddie Bauer Guide, Vertx (really like these), 5.11 Apex, Duluth both the fire hose and dry stretch, carhartt, fjallraven, sitka, marmot....too many. For the money for me its not even close the Wrangler Flex waist outdoor pants, I'm always surprised these don't get talked about more.
This! I haven't tried all the ones you have, but have the wranglers. Absolutely love em. I was a skeptic at first because of how cheap they are. I now have three pair. Great , comfy pants.

Muttly

WKR
I,m the caveman that wears Carhartt canvas duck 5 days a week at work, often enough after hours, and usually the denim version on the weekend. And after work. Dungarees...

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been thinking about picking up a pair of those, have you wore then out in the woods or on trails? I was curious how they held up.

I have several pairs that I wear for work, woods, every day stuff. They truly are a unicorn, cheap-perform-durable.
Obviously they aren’t high tech with wp panels or knee pads or vents.

Baron85

WKR
Duluth fire hose, I switched from carharts years ago due to price and found they held up much better for me as well. I tried the Duluth flex firehouse, they are lighter and more comfortable but have not held up nearly as well as the normal fire hose pants.

Jxferg7

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had much experience with the Fjallraven Vida Pro Pants? Have been thinking about picking up a pair.

monday

FNG
This! I haven't tried all the ones you have, but have the wranglers. Absolutely love em. I was a skeptic at first because of how cheap they are. I now have three pair. Great , comfy pants.
They seem like they're always out of stock on the wrangler website and the walmart website. Have you had luck finding them in a Walmart store?