Everyday Scope Recommendation

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the market for an “everyday” scope on my well-used ranch gun (22-250). Tikka Stainless Lite that drives tacks and is used for hiking, quads, and trucks, so nothing big/heavy. I don’t find dials particularly useful on an everyday gun used for gophers to wolves at 50-500 yards. I am looking for something relatively lightweight and maybe hash marks for elevation. I shoot reloads at 3700fps, so drop is not a huge factor most days. I just took off a Leupold 3.5-10x40 CDS (That I liked and got on trade) for another project.

Just curious on what others really like/recommend for this type of thing? Let’s set the price at around 500$ give or take, but I am open to all suggestions. Thanks.

I run a $200 Leupold VX-freedom 3x9x40 on my truck gun and love it. It gets beat to hell and hasn’t ever had any issues. Other than features, I honestly can’t see any quality difference between it and their higher end models. Just my .02

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
Bushnell smrs 1-8.5. Ffp allows u to use mils for when you actually need them at 500. Got mine for $675 and it proudly sits on my AR for the scenarios you’re talking about.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If you want to dial, the SWFA is hard to beat but it seems pretty hard to get a 6x or 3-9 these days.

for a set and forget, I personally think the meopta meopro is about the best thing out there and they can be had for about 375 dollars if you look around.

Runwilderness

Lil-Rokslider
If you’re interested I have a Leupold 3-9x40 VX2 CDS with the windplex reticle and alumina flip caps that I‘m planning to post in the classifieds.

OP
K

ktm450

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you all; for this rig, I am not interested in dials. Simple and clear. I will check out a couple of your suggestions. Thanks again.

TxxAgg

WKR
Between my brother and I, we've got several Meopta Meopros. Very pleased with them.