Everyday sock recommendations

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
I wear a combination of darn tough, farm to feet and weather proof. I got the weather proofs for Christmas year before last and was skeptical, but they have held up leaps and bounds better than recent smartwools. I have a pair of smartwools that are 9 years old and just got a hole, but had a couple pairs since that didn't seem near as durable.

Charon

Lil-Rokslider
Huge fan of Darn Tough, months later, they still look brand new... My PHDs were already thinning by this point. Your well written review has these in the running the next time I need socks.

Darn Tough. Used to wear Kennetreks but they shrink over time. The DT socks never seem to age and always feel great.

Sadler

WKR
I normally knit my own socks. It sounds crazy but it’s the best thing that I’ve found and it works great for me. I use a nylon/merino blend with a little bit of spandex in it. About 5%. I also rethread everything with a super fine thread of polyester to help with the durability (gets me two plus years out of a pair). It works out great and I couldn’t be happier!!! Best of luck finding the perfect everyday sock!

The 4 packs of Merino wool hiking socks from COSTCO are whatI wear. Less than $4 a pair in Canada, tough as heck, great year around sock. Wash them hot and dry in a warm dryer and they are always fitting just right. Two pair to make the Muck boots fit just right.

Caspar

Lil-Rokslider
for the last two years ive been trying to find a sock that doesnt make my feet sweat. so far i havnt had any luck but out of all the socks i tried the darn tough merino socks are the most comfortable

Luked

WKR
just bought some of the Darn Tough Hiker Crew full cushion socks and have been wearing them every day and love them. wont ever by anything else that's for sure they have made a believer in me for sure.
my feet don't feel like they are soaking wet with sweat all the time no smell at all like before with plain old cotton socks.
hell now I might have to get rid of all of my older footwear because they stink so bad from wearing normal socks.

dukhunt

FNG
I wear Lorpen T2W wool socks everyday for the last several years. I bought probably 10 pairs on Camofire for $7.99/2 pack and they've held up great. I wear Darn Tough while hunting/hiking though.

Same here. Also have some Salomon socks I wear in the summer and love them.

ChrisA

WKR
Darn tough when outdoors and it's cold out. I wear light weight smartwool for work everyday, they don't hold up like DT but I like the color patterns.

Chris

Wore the Darn Tough for the last year, they don't work for me personally.

For some reason they don't breath at all for me, my feet sweat like hell in them. Oddly enough, they're not near as thick as my Filson Midweight or my Thorlos Mountaineering Socks. I've largely switched over to Thorlos in the last month, no complaints so far.

darn tuff here. can wear muck boots in the summer and dont sweat, and we get hot in south georgia in the summer

McD18

FNG
I normally knit my own socks. It sounds crazy but it’s the best thing that I’ve found and it works great for me. I use a nylon/merino blend with a little bit of spandex in it. About 5%. I also rethread everything with a super fine thread of polyester to help with the durability (gets me two plus years out of a pair). It works out great and I couldn’t be happier!!! Best of luck finding the perfect everyday sock!

How'd you learn to do that?

Darn Tough for me... Every day.

Darn tuff and Smartwool. Icebreaker socks are a roll of the dice. Some lasted three years, others lasted three weeks. I also wear liner socks all year round (work in steel toes). keeps feet from feeling sweaty/never get blisters

Anozira

WKR
My favorite everyday pair of socks are my Fox River lightweight merino wools. My newest pair I bought in 2015 and my oldest I got as a christmas gift in 2009. Because of them I have grown to appreciate the longevity of merino wool based products. They discontinued my favorite style (2455) and I have yet to choose a replacement.