Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasquatch

WKR
So is that purely a political statment for you, or is wearing a mask for a few hours really that bad for you? Serious question.

Political for me. Because the more we just comply with what the masters want, the more they will try to take.

Ever heard of “give an inch and they’ll take a mile”?

This pandemic wouldnt be a fraction of what it is without heavy media pumping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So is that purely a political statment for you, or is wearing a mask for a few hours really that bad for you? Serious question.
Half and half but I really do hate wearing them. Flying east to west is more of an all day deal than a few hours.
I did go out of my way to support businesses that did not require them.

Now it's probably only 2% of the people wearing them in my area.

ODB

WKR
@sasquatch you are right, mate. It is still the best place to be. But the younger you are the less likely you are to see it that way, an example:

a local Cuban restaurant over wanted to have a pro-democracy, pro-freedom, anti-communism rally. He was able to escape the regime, and come to Idaho to live out his American dream - his words.

when he announced this, man-bun-wearing leftists began attacking him as a warmonger and liar and said that the US was to blame for Cuba’s problems. He responded quite eloquently about the truth of how the entire country is under the thumb of the military but the guy didn’t want to believe it. Then others piled on criticizing the Cuban as misinformed and a right-winger.

Think about that…a Cuban escapes a communist dictatorship, moves to America, starts a business, asks for support for his countrymen back in Cuba, that they can rise up against the dictatorship, and American leftists attack the man as an Ill-informed warmonger and blame the US instead.

I haven’t yet, but I fully intend on visiting my fellow American business owner and show my support not only for his business, but his willingness to stand up for American ideals.

manitou1

WKR
Ugh….I tried not to comment on this as i also tried not to in another thread. Forewarning, if you don’t care about my stance that’s fine I don’t feel like respondeding to people unless they PM me. First off I have been drinking which is probably the only reason I am even talking in this thread. Second, I will guess the vast majority are not educated in medicine or virology, which is understandable. However, not understanding something and making conclusion is stupid. If you don’t want to get the vaccine fine…but stop complaining about all the issues that are caused by the pandemic, like wearing masks or things taking forever or your hunt in Canada getting cancelled. I was in the military and had basically every vaccine known to man at the time. I didn’t bitch about or say my rights were being infringed on because I was serving the country and had to have all kinds of shit pumped into me. I also have a degree in biochemistry and did a lot of medical and pharmaceutical research for stupid fortune 100 companies before I was in the military (my military job and experience was not related to any of this) I’ve also studied virology and microbiology extensively and had my research published in national journals 3 times before joining the military ….again to most of you that probably doesn’t mean anything and that’s fine.
But whatever stupid shit you people read on Facebook or your friends friends friend… is just wrong. First off the mRNA vaccines were not invented overnight they have been working on them for years almost decades. No your dick won’t fall off from some other “DNA” being injected into you. mRNA vaccines were created to deal with the issue of mutations and variants. Instead of having a specific attenuated virus which most of the current global one such as influenza still are, they can take small parts of the mRNA from the virus that are likely to match multiple strains and not just one as the body will build immunity to this specific antigens.
But still this is just science. Just like the earth is round or wait....more people believe the earth is flat just like people believe vaccines cause autism in the 90s that whole problem stemmed from literally one professor in England who was a crackpot. And thousand of researchers data and multiple peers found his research techniques to be total garbage. But guess what, just him saying vaccines increase the likely hood of autism with literally no validation was enough to cause a max antivaxxer movmement. It’s seriously sad just look at pertussis aka whooping coughh (yeah some one paid me to use this fake book to show fake data… even though it was published before sars-cov-2 .)

View attachment 310418

View attachment 310417

Oh yes the side effects, another one I have been hearing….heart issues etc…. Yep the media is good about pumping things up. I read 1,200 people had adverse side effects from the vaccine. What’s really crazy is that was out of 300 million people. Man a whole 0.0004% Crazy bad odds. Penicillin, most common antibiotic, 0.01% have severe allergic reaction rate. Up to an estimated 10% allergy rate. We should probably ban those as well.
Oh yeah the " oh I’ve had it and it was nothing or it’s no worse than the flu"…. Again uneducated ignorance. You think if you have the flu you can’t get it again? Yeah virus mutates which is why you can get the flu every year without the vaccine assuming they get the variant right. Second thing this is a novel virus meaning it’s new. New virus tend to start out less severe and become more contagious and have and increased mortality rate. Wow delta and lambda variants starting…..it’s going to get much worse than those variants....
Oh wait you don’t care because you’re a god and only old people get it….so who cares…. Yeah when the hospital's ICU is overrun with old COVID patients and have no more rooms it’s really unfortunate when a normal person has a heart attack or a kid has say a car accident or brain injury and can’t get a room in the ICU. But again who cares this is all a fake conspiracy and obviously fake and could go a way as soon as Fauci or Biden is out… I know if this was trumps 1st or 2nd year there would be more people getting the vaccine if he supported it. It’s really unfortunate this became political. But you are a serious moron if you think this virus is a joke. The longer people don’t get vaccines the more it will mutate and the worse it will become. You think the US is stupid about it fine, move to another country where there are already COVID restrictions and you have way less support. SARS COV 1 and MERS which are both closely related to this virus had much higher mortality rates. MERS was over 33% when first detected. Pretty sure people would get vaccinated if those were the numbers. Also, we should probably wait the 8 years it typically takes for the FDA to approve a new drug or vaccine before we consider them….

again just my opinion, opinions are like assholes. So who cares anymore.
Yes, you HAVE been drinking... Kool-Aide.

manitou1

WKR
The vaccines substantially reduce the risk of getting COVID and for those who do it reduces the viral load and the potential for transmitting the disease. Moreover, it substantially reduces the risk of serious disease or death. This all has been well-demonstrated.

It is one thing to be ignorant of what has been learned despite the underlying data having been available for months, but it another thing entirely to make statements that are untrue and call them "fact".
B.S.

sasquatch

WKR
@sasquatch you are right, mate. It is still the best place to be. But the younger you are the less likely you are to see it that way, an example:

a local Cuban restaurant over wanted to have a pro-democracy, pro-freedom, anti-communism rally. He was able to escape the regime, and come to Idaho to live out his American dream - his words.

when he announced this, man-bun-wearing leftists began attacking him as a warmonger and liar and said that the US was to blame for Cuba’s problems. He responded quite eloquently about the truth of how the entire country is under the thumb of the military but the guy didn’t want to believe it. Then others piled on criticizing the Cuban as misinformed and a right-winger.

Think about that…a Cuban escapes a communist dictatorship, moves to America, starts a business, asks for support for his countrymen back in Cuba, that they can rise up against the dictatorship, and American leftists attack the man as an Ill-informed warmonger and blame the US instead.

I haven’t yet, but I fully intend on visiting my fellow American business owner and show my support not only for his business, but his willingness to stand up for American ideals.

Yep. I’m 34 and many my age are far gone already and it’s only getting worse. I blame it on the parents babying their kids now days “let mommy and daddy handle this for you, you take it easy you have your whole life ahead of you”

Anyway, when you visit tell him he has support from down south in Louisiana!

WRM

WKR

Only in America, as they say.

ewade07

WKR
Yep. I’m 34 and many my age are far gone already and it’s only getting worse. I blame it on the parents babying their kids now days “let mommy and daddy handle this for you, you take it easy you have your whole life ahead of you”

Anyway, when you visit tell him he has support from down south in Louisiana!

Im 32 and i see that stance in the younger generations as well. My little brother is 22 and a prime example.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Funny you say that, I saw someone get told "nope" by the airline for wearing one of those the other day. Bring a backup.
Great....now they're getting picky about people's fashion statements.

Like they didn't learn the first time around that wearing masks didn't do squat for stopping or slowing down covid. SMH

sasquatch

WKR
Great....now they're getting picky about people's fashion statements.

Like they didn't learn the first time around that wearing masks didn't do squat for stopping or slowing down covid. SMH

But it did work, the ones who didn’t wear them are why it kept spreading around didn’t you hear?

Mtnboy

WKR
TLDR

Are we gonna get locked down again?

I'd just like to do a Costco run before everyone else.....

One of the big problems with this whole mess is the suppression of opinions from doctors. It feels like the only doctor we're allowed to hear is Fauci. Good or bad more discussion from more people would help I believe. Last I knew I couldn't get the shot from my doctor? Let's hear some discussion from many doctors without tech and media deciding which ones.

Joking aside can we get the vax from our primary? It's been so long since I've been to mine I really have no relationship with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.