Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, they had lower carbon emissions globally from the last lockdown......another will make the green folks come in their pants which may very well be why it happens.

biden was just saying we need to get all combustion engines off the roads asap.....
Don’t get me started on gas vehicles, it pisses me off to no end. If the .gov wants to make a dent in carbon emissions, why don’t they start with the USPS? Over 140k of them, the newest being made in 1994, running 12+ hours a day. But my wife driving a Range Rover getting 20 mpg for a grand total of 30 minutes a day is the problem…

Next, let’s deal with school and city busses. All of these can be converted to electric “for free” by printing fed funny $.

Not to mention, has anyone been paying attention to the electricity shortages? Austin recently stated that they recommend people set their thermostats to 78 or higher when home to conserve energy. Hows that going to work with another 200 million electric cars?

Apparently nobody has considered the extremely high infrastructure taxes on gasoline also. In CA it’s over $0.75/gallon. What’s their plan to replace that? Double electricity prices? $2,500/yr registration fees? Tax the rich more?

But what do I know, just high school economics.

Mosby

WKR
I am going to be bird and deer hunting this fall no matter what happens or what they do or say. If a state locks down, I'll just go somewhere else and hunt something else. If I can't hunt, I can drive to the beach, listen to the ocean, light up a cigar and drink a beer. I have a plan for everything.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Can we pretend to have a lockdown on rokslide so the memes can return. It gave me great joy to see new ones until people started talking on them instead of the intended purpose ( lighten the mood) and Nebraska didn’t lock down either. We are a bunch of mouth breathers up here who grow 🌽.

I’m sure our stupid NM dictator will lock everything up again. I never listened to her and still won’t. Especially when she spent thousands of taxpayers money on a Christmas party for her staff when we weren’t supposed to have parties.

Nope.

Not gonna do it.

Not gonna wear the face diaper.

Not gonna be part of the vaccine experiment for bad cold-19, already got immunities the old fashioned way.

Not gonna follow social distancing. Gonna avoid people on my own terms.

Not gonna beg for my rights. If you have to ask permission, they aren't rights.

MTtrout

WKR
As someone who chose to get vaccinated, the thoughts of another possible shutdown is unsettling. I got it because I have young children and elderlies who I see regularly, oh and a little bit of science based too. I also got it because I respect others around me who might be in a similar situation. I fully understand everyone’s personal decisions to do what they deem necessary, just like I do in life.

To me the concerns are children who aren’t vaccinated and are having increasing complications with the virus.

If another shutdown happens, I know fingers aren’t gonna be pointed to me.

Not going to be so easy to get people to go along with a shutdown like the 2020 shutdown. There will be a lot more resistance this time. I saw many businesses got tired of using their employees to enforce mask mandates and getting into hassles with customer. I had people who work retail and resturant jobs that were ultimately told not to confront unmasked customers. My friends who are docs all told me to avoid crowded places when I could and sanitize my hands when I get out of my truck and when I get back in it. I am continuing that sanitizing protocol as I didn't so much a get the sniffles last year. People are worn out on mask mandates and shutdowns.

ozyclint

WKR
More than half of the Australian population is currently in lockdown. Whole of Victoria, South Australia and the greater Sydney region of NSW. It's the 'Delta scariant'. Sucks to live in a capital city. I like living out bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.