Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pride, and well screened management. If management takes pride in a great work environment then employees will also. Chick-fil-A is very consistent in their approach.

with that said Buccee’s is becoming similar from an employee standpoint but they pay very well.
View attachment 309255

I have seen that a lot with businesses. Attitude starts at the top, and it comes down. Both good and bad.

The problem is I'm pretty certain there's a lack of good managers in the food industry, at least for the amount required. I don't know what management pay is for a franchise location, it must be pretty good. Chicken is also a product that's pretty cheap all in all from a restaurant standpoint, so they have pretty good margins compared to other places. Probably spend more on salt than chicken.

jt4

WKR
That's a cicada killer.

The native murder hornet.

These things SUCK. Once they get in your yard its an absolute PITA to get rid of them. I've been trying for 3+ years now and their eggs have hatched every summer. Maybe this is finally my year though.

lab-roamer

Lil-Rokslider
Seems rural America never really didn't shut down. Some sheep went into hiding but most people just kept living life. Hell, at one point when the cops were being demoralized , it almost seemed more free. The State Troopers weren't even pulling people over.
Shutdown 2.2 (2022) could be interesting

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I live in rural America and our moronic county mayor shut everything down last time so I'm sure he would do it again. I never shut my doors. My employees came in complaining once and asked if they could work from home and I told they yes but it will have to be with a different employer.

JFin15

FNG
Not like my life will change much...unless they do a 'all deer, turkey, hogs, and bass' mask mandate. Maybe then I'd give....well no not really. I'm a RN and it's a joke at this point. Bureaucrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

cburgin72

Lil-Rokslider
I have seen that a lot with businesses. Attitude starts at the top, and it comes down. Both good and bad.

The problem is I'm pretty certain there's a lack of good managers in the food industry, at least for the amount required. I don't know what management pay is for a franchise location, it must be pretty good. Chicken is also a product that's pretty cheap all in all from a restaurant standpoint, so they have pretty good margins compared to other places. Probably spend more on salt than chicken.
Fun side note. Chic fil a requires a certain size piece of chicken for their sandwiches. I was doing a walk through in a hatchery and the employee was telling us how they determine sex on little chicks. For meat purposes males and females produce different size cuts, which is nothing new but he said chic fil a only gets male or female (I can't remember which,). I found it interesting that he mentioned them specifically.

Fun side note. Chic fil a requires a certain size piece of chicken for their sandwiches. I was doing a walk through in a hatchery and the employee was telling us how they determine sex on little chicks. For meat purposes males and females produce different size cuts, which is nothing new but he said chic fil a only gets male or female (I can't remember which,). I found it interesting that he mentioned them specifically.

Uniformity.

Lots of places do it.
A few years ago costco was looking at starting their own poultry production just to supply their rotisserie chicken. Don't know if it happened or not.

An interesting thing about the organic side of poultry production, most of it is chicken. They grow fast enough they don't need the meds that turkey frequently require. Pretty dern hard to do an organic turkey unless it's free range, that takes to much time and space to be large scale. The broilers are turned around in 6-8 weeks now.

zacattack

WKR
Uniformity.

Lots of places do it.
A few years ago costco was looking at starting their own poultry production just to supply their rotisserie chicken. Don't know if it happened or not.

An interesting thing about the organic side of poultry production, most of it is chicken. They grow fast enough they don't need the meds that turkey frequently require. Pretty dern hard to do an organic turkey unless it's free range, that takes to much time and space to be large scale. The broilers are turned around in 6-8 weeks now.
Costco does indeed have their own chicken facilities, it’s how they can sell rotisserie chicken for $5 each. They take losses on them actually.

WRM

WKR
Uniformity.

Lots of places do it.

With chickens, the weak get trampled and then eaten one peck at a time.

With chickens, the weak get trampled and then eaten one peck at a time.

Actually they go in baskets usually. Supposed to anyways.

When you get 1k dead birds you need a streamlined process. They got overhead basket systems to haul them out of the house. I like to think it's like this....

I don't hear bells tho from them.

WRM

WKR
I'm not yet dead!

Taint been no cleanup on the regs at the couple houses I've been in. I imagine the bigs try to run a better process to avoid negative pub.

wyosam

WKR
I think 2.0 should mostly be healthcare workers. At this point, let Darwin sort it out. I haven’t been able to take a full week off in 18 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NoWiser

WKR
These things SUCK. Once they get in your yard its an absolute PITA to get rid of them. I've been trying for 3+ years now and their eggs have hatched every summer. Maybe this is finally my year though.
I always enjoyed having them in my yard and look forward to seeing them every year. It's fun to see them dragging a cicada into their hole. They make a bit of a mess, but it's worth it to see them flying around hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.