Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

260madman

WKR
I would sign it in a heartbeat. But put another way, if the employer mandated a vaccine that had not yet been approved by the FDA (currently it is under emergency authorization/not approved) THEY should have to sign a waiver saying they are 100% responsible for any and all side effects of that vaccine - and not just medical liability but financially as well.
They are. OSHA said they are liable so it becomes a Work Comp case.

If we can agree that 75+ % of people that ended up in the ICU were obese, which is what I’ve read in multiple places, maybe pointing fingers at unvaccinated people that actually take care of themselves is the wrong angle. If over the last year someone has made a huge effort to lose weight, eat correctly and put their body in the best shape possible to fight covid, why is the fat slob that laid around unemployed all year being treated better because they let someone inject them with god knows what? If it’s ok to talk down to the unvaccinated, it should be equally ok to talk down to anyone overweight because without them, covid deaths would be significantly reduced.
Great post too bad heart disease and obesity don't get this publicity. Could you imagine the uproar and rioting that would have occurred if fast food restaurants would have been to shut down completely during the lockdown. Instead of stimulus checks they should have provided nutrionist and personal trainers to 80+% of our population.

Mask mandate goes back in to effect tomorrow in STL Couny MO. I'll have to wear at work but I'll be damned if I step into another store with one on.

I don't see lockdown on the horizon...I think there would be revolt.

Mask mandate goes back in to effect tomorrow in STL Couny MO. I'll have to wear at work but I'll be damned if I step into another store with one on.

I don't see lockdown on the horizon...I think there would be revolt.

Yep. I will now grocery shop in Jeff Co. or in Illinois. Sam Page is a twit. We have a kindergartner and 2nd grader. If they don’t go to school again we will likely move. I alone will not change anything, but at least I’ll sleep better at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobr1

WKR
Ugh….I tried not to comment on this as i also tried not to in another thread. Forewarning, if you don’t care about my stance that’s fine I don’t feel like respondeding to people unless they PM me. First off I have been drinking which is probably the only reason I am even talking in this thread. Second, I will guess the vast majority are not educated in medicine or virology, which is understandable. However, not understanding something and making conclusion is stupid. If you don’t want to get the vaccine fine…but stop complaining about all the issues that are caused by the pandemic, like wearing masks or things taking forever or your hunt in Canada getting cancelled. I was in the military and had basically every vaccine known to man at the time. I didn’t bitch about or say my rights were being infringed on because I was serving the country and had to have all kinds of shit pumped into me. I also have a degree in biochemistry and did a lot of medical and pharmaceutical research for stupid fortune 100 companies before I was in the military (my military job and experience was not related to any of this) I’ve also studied virology and microbiology extensively and had my research published in national journals 3 times before joining the military ….again to most of you that probably doesn’t mean anything and that’s fine.
But whatever stupid shit you people read on Facebook or your friends friends friend… is just wrong. First off the mRNA vaccines were not invented overnight they have been working on them for years almost decades. No your dick won’t fall off from some other “DNA” being injected into you. mRNA vaccines were created to deal with the issue of mutations and variants. Instead of having a specific attenuated virus which most of the current global one such as influenza still are, they can take small parts of the mRNA from the virus that are likely to match multiple strains and not just one as the body will build immunity to this specific antigens.
But still this is just science. Just like the earth is round or wait....more people believe the earth is flat just like people believe vaccines cause autism in the 90s that whole problem stemmed from literally one professor in England who was a crackpot. And thousand of researchers data and multiple peers found his research techniques to be total garbage. But guess what, just him saying vaccines increase the likely hood of autism with literally no validation was enough to cause a max antivaxxer movmement. It’s seriously sad just look at pertussis aka whooping coughh (yeah some one paid me to use this fake book to show fake data… even though it was published before sars-cov-2 .)

993E80DE-041C-4B67-AD19-D29E320F1AF9.jpeg

1881623C-9EAE-494A-B4E2-104C3EF25BBB.jpeg

Oh yes the side effects, another one I have been hearing….heart issues etc…. Yep the media is good about pumping things up. I read 1,200 people had adverse side effects from the vaccine. What’s really crazy is that was out of 300 million people. Man a whole 0.0004% Crazy bad odds. Penicillin, most common antibiotic, 0.01% have severe allergic reaction rate. Up to an estimated 10% allergy rate. We should probably ban those as well.
Oh yeah the " oh I’ve had it and it was nothing or it’s no worse than the flu"…. Again uneducated ignorance. You think if you have the flu you can’t get it again? Yeah virus mutates which is why you can get the flu every year without the vaccine assuming they get the variant right. Second thing this is a novel virus meaning it’s new. New virus tend to start out less severe and become more contagious and have and increased mortality rate. Wow delta and lambda variants starting…..it’s going to get much worse than those variants....
Oh wait you don’t care because you’re a god and only old people get it….so who cares…. Yeah when the hospital's ICU is overrun with old COVID patients and have no more rooms it’s really unfortunate when a normal person has a heart attack or a kid has say a car accident or brain injury and can’t get a room in the ICU. But again who cares this is all a fake conspiracy and obviously fake and could go a way as soon as Fauci or Biden is out… I know if this was trumps 1st or 2nd year there would be more people getting the vaccine if he supported it. It’s really unfortunate this became political. But you are a serious moron if you think this virus is a joke. The longer people don’t get vaccines the more it will mutate and the worse it will become. You think the US is stupid about it fine, move to another country where there are already COVID restrictions and you have way less support. SARS COV 1 and MERS which are both closely related to this virus had much higher mortality rates. MERS was over 33% when first detected. Pretty sure people would get vaccinated if those were the numbers. Also, we should probably wait the 8 years it typically takes for the FDA to approve a new drug or vaccine before we consider them….

again just my opinion, opinions are like assholes. So who cares anymore.

Last edited:

ewade07

WKR
If we can agree that 75+ % of people that ended up in the ICU were obese, which is what I’ve read in multiple places, maybe pointing fingers at unvaccinated people that actually take care of themselves is the wrong angle. If over the last year someone has made a huge effort to lose weight, eat correctly and put their body in the best shape possible to fight covid, why is the fat slob that laid around unemployed all year being treated better because they let someone inject them with god knows what? If it’s ok to talk down to the unvaccinated, it should be equally ok to talk down to anyone overweight because without them, covid deaths would be significantly reduced.
Can you provide examples of where you read the 75% fact?

4rcgoat

WKR
Ugh….I tried not to comment on this as i also tried not to in another thread. Forewarning, if you don’t care about my stance that’s fine I don’t feel like respondeding to people unless they PM me. First off I have been drinking which is probably the only reason I am even talking in this thread. Second, I will guess the vast majority are not educated in medicine or virology, which is understandable. However, not understanding something and making conclusion is stupid. If you don’t want to get the vaccine fine…but stop complaining about all the issues that are caused by the pandemic, like wearing masks or things taking forever or your hunt in Canada getting cancelled. I was in the military and had basically every vaccine known to man at the time. I didn’t bitch about or say my rights were being infringed on because I was serving the country and had to have all kinds of shit pumped into me. I also have a degree in biochemistry and did a lot of medical and pharmaceutical research for stupid fortune 100 companies before I was in the military (my military job and experience was not related to any of this) I’ve also studied virology and microbiology extensively and had my research published in national journals 3 times before joining the military ….again to most of you that probably doesn’t mean anything and that’s fine.
But whatever stupid shit you people read on Facebook or your friends friends friend… is just wrong. First off the mRNA vaccines were not invented overnight they have been working on them for years almost decades. No your dick won’t fall off from some other “DNA” being injected into you. mRNA vaccines were created to deal with the issue of mutations and variants. Instead of having a specific attenuated virus which most of the current global one such as influenza still are, they can take small parts of the mRNA from the virus that are likely to match multiple strains and not just one as the body will build immunity to this specific antigens.
But still this is just science. Just like the earth is round or wait....more people believe the earth is flat just like people believe vaccines cause autism in the 90s that whole problem stemmed from literally one professor in England who was a crackpot. And thousand of researchers data and multiple peers found his research techniques to be total garbage. But guess what, just him saying vaccines increase the likely hood of autism with literally no validation was enough to cause a max antivaxxer movmement. It’s seriously sad just look at pertussis aka whooping coughh (yeah some one paid me to use this fake book to show fake data… even though it was published before sars-cov-2 .)

View attachment 310418

View attachment 310417

Oh yes the side effects, another one I have been hearing….heart issues etc…. Yep the media is good about pumping things up. I read 1,200 people had adverse side effects from the vaccine. What’s really crazy is that was out of 300 million people. Man a whole 0.0004% Crazy bad odds. Penicillin, most common antibiotic, 0.01% have severe allergic reaction rate. Up to an estimated 10% allergy rate. We should probably ban those as well.
Oh yeah the " oh I’ve had it and it was nothing or it’s no worse than the flu"…. Again uneducated ignorance. You think if you have the flu you can’t get it again? Yeah virus mutates which is why you can get the flu every year without the vaccine assuming they get the variant right. Second thing this is a novel virus meaning it’s new. New virus tend to start out less severe and become more contagious and have and increased mortality rate. Wow delta and lambda variants starting…..it’s going to get much worse than those variants....
Oh wait you don’t care because you’re a god and only old people get it….so who cares…. Yeah when the hospital's ICU is overrun with old COVID patients and have no more rooms it’s really unfortunate when a normal person has a heart attack or a kid has say a car accident or brain injury and can’t get a room in the ICU. But again who cares this is all a fake conspiracy and obviously fake and could go a way as soon as Fauci or Biden is out… I know if this was trumps 1st or 2nd year there would be more people getting the vaccine if he supported it. It’s really unfortunate this became political. But you are a serious moron if you think this virus is a joke. The longer people don’t get vaccines the more it will mutate and the worse it will become. You think the US is stupid about it fine, move to another country where there are already COVID restrictions and you have way less support. SARS COV 1 and MERS which are both closely related to this virus had much higher mortality rates. MERS was over 33% when first detected. Pretty sure people would get vaccinated if those were the numbers. Also, we should probably wait the 8 years it typically takes for the FDA to approve a new drug or vaccine before we consider them….

Nice rant........again, the question i have is, IF the vaccine is so effective and safe, why wont they officially approve it?

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
Where other than California is everything closing again? It's not here in Missouri. Main reason things are not open complete is because of a lack of help.
I'm also from MO, and he is right. We went out to dinner Saturday. The restaurant had every other table shutdown/reserved. A customer asked why and the host replied "because we don't have the staff to operate at full capacity".

FLATHEAD

WKR
You’re missing key points.

First, a pandemic spreads to multiple continents…check.

Second, a pandemic affects a substantial percentage of a population….check.
I really dont think the numbers add up to a substantial percentage of the worlds population.( Billions BTW),,,,, Not even close.

Squincher

WKR

View attachment 310418

View attachment 310417

You didn't have to go to all that effort to convince me. Just show me the 5 and 10 year mortality rates for this vaccine vs the unvaccinated population.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
When liberal states start offering up million dollar lotteries "to get people vaccinated".......that should be a pretty significant red flag to most people. If the vaccine is so great, then they shouldn't have to "bribe" people to get it. If the vaccine is so great, then why is it that only the vaccinated (the so-called protected) are the ones "pleading" so hard for everyone else to get it???? They should be protected already, leave the rest of us alone. And is it even legal to use our tax money to give out lottery winnings? If it is, it shouldn't be.

They're pushing and pleading way too hard on this thing to pass the "on the level" test IMO. It's as if they've got nervous sweat dripping down their face just waiting for us to roll up our sleeves after their incessant pleading. And using that obvious fraud Fauci as their so-called expert really doesn't help their cause. I still remember back in the early stages of Covid when Fauci said "hand shaking should be a thing of the past.......but it's OK to have sex with a stranger you met on the internet". What a moron.

Mike7

WKR

View attachment 310418

View attachment 310417

Sometimes what we think we know is not real, after we learn more. You are of course allowed to have your own opinion, but it may not be based in fact, or have little facts to be based upon, just as with a new virus or vaccine. So maybe everyone should be allowed to weigh their own risk/benefit ratio for any health related decision? And keep an open mind to information as it is uncovered.

Pertussis is a great example, but I think you may have missed some information on that, and it demonstrates how wrong scientific opinions can be, not solely but especially early on.

Although pertussis is really only a clinical problem in infants, the small number of unvaccinated infants were not driving outbreaks. In fact, it appeared that vaccinated preteens, teens, and young adults were largely driving them. Hence, the reason for added pertussis vaccinations in the schedule in order to try to decrease this.

When liberal states start offering up million dollar lotteries "to get people vaccinated".......that should be a pretty significant red flag to most people. If the vaccine is so great, then they shouldn't have to "bribe" people to get it. If the vaccine is so great, then why is it that only the vaccinated (the so-called protected) are the ones "pleading" so hard for everyone else to get it???? They should be protected already, leave the rest of us alone. And is it even legal to use our tax money to give out lottery winnings? If it is, it shouldn't be.

They're pushing and pleading way too hard on this thing to pass the "on the level" test IMO. It's as if they've got nervous sweat dripping down their face just waiting for us to roll up our sleeves after their incessant pleading. And using that obvious fraud Fauci as their so-called expert really doesn't help their cause. I still remember back in the early stages of Covid when Fauci said "hand shaking should be a thing of the past.......but it's OK to have sex with a stranger you met on the internet". What a moron.
Everything you say there makes complete sense to me. Again, I am a healthcare professional but it's clear in the workplace people have a 'holier than thou' mentality. Our city and county is headed toward lockdown. Our executive has stated on Friday that things are "dire" out there and the mask mandate has returned. Many of my very, very educated friends and family that are in construction, business, finance, healthcare, etc. are not getting the vaccine. I would get it if I were them, and I did get it. But, their reasons for not getting it make sense to me. 1. Their risk of covid is exceedingly low, lower than driving their vehicles. 2. They don't trust the government, both sides, because of all the verbal diarrhea that has come out. The same government tells people the virus is made up by Trump, then tell us we have to shut it down, but now it's racist to shut it down, then some areas are open and some are closed. 3. They don't trust the vaccine. This is the one I have a harder time with but I agree side effects can happen and understand their hesitancy. 4. They just don't want to do it.

The problem is workplaces are going to mandate it, and people need to feed and house their family. The other problem is people are profiting off this by staying home and getting government, ie my, money. I was at a restaurant Saturday with my family. We sat there for 30 minutes before seated because the kitchen was too short staffed. We got a beer at the bar. Finally sat at our table and noone came by. Went to the bar to get another beer and lemonade for the kids. Still noone came by. Finally a waitress tried to give us someone elses order on accident. We politely told her we didn't order and that noone has waited on us yet, not even for water. Another 20 minutes go by and still noone came by so we grabbed the hostess and then someone took our order. THe manager came out to comp our entire dinner. We didn't ask for that. They were clearly suffering from COVID and the fact that EVERYONE there was likely a highschool student trying to make an extra buck and this was their first service job but management couldn't get experienced people to work, despite someone on the sidewalk outside the area with a sign saying "can't find work, anything helps, god bless." I left them a $100 tip because if they did this for free (normal times i would have either walked out or taken the free meal) now the service staff are disinsentivised and are going to do a poorer job.

This all could have been solved in the sense of making the best of a crappy situation and most people being on the same page if the federal government didn't have such power to be divisive.

My question for those many people on here who say "didn't lock down the first time, not going to this time." While I bicker about it every time someone asks me to wear a mask to walk in a restaurant and immediately take it off once through the door, at church, at the store, kids school, kids activities etc, how do you say so black and white you didn't abide last year and you wont this year? I feel this is a community issue and your local/regional government is what is deciding if you comply or not, and not your personal decision. Unless, of course, you never go to a grocery store or anywhere else for that matter outside of your homestead.

This is why people don't trust. The same prestigious journals (the other being NEJM) that wrote an editorial on how terrible Trump is retracted a scientific paper that had already been accepted for publication through the peer review process because it does not fit their narrative. Politics and the woke have infiltrated even what is supposed to be the most sacred, unbiased, peer reviewed process. Shame on them.

rtaylor

Lil-Rokslider
Want to see more people get vaccinated? Fire Fauci. He's the top immunologist and has been busted lying about funding the gain of function research in Wuhan. He's also got a financial interest in the vaccine as he holds several of the patents. How can we trust that the vaccine is safe when the head guy is a liar?

Status
Not open for further replies.