Everyone ready for lockdown 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdahoElk

WKR
At least 125,000 fully vaccinated Americans have tested positive for Covid and 1,400 of those have died, according to data collected by NBC News.

So the title of the article should be:

“vaccines work even better than first expected”

If 164 million people have got the vaccine, and it was expected to be 95 percent effective, we would expect 8.2 million breakthrough cases. People have been getting the vaccine for almost 8 months now, 125,000 breakthrough cases seems like a really good number to me.

Last edited:

ODB

WKR

If 164 million people have got the vaccine, and it was expected to be 95 percent effective, we would expect 8.2 million breakthrough cases. People have been getting the vaccine for almost 8 months now, 125,000 breakthrough cases seems like a really good number to me.

Yes - and the fact until now none of us have ever been aware of breakthrough cases with other vaccines or prophylaxis like malaria, meningitis, or yellow fever makes any breakthrough case seem an anomaly - it isn't.

The comms on this virus will be chalked up to some of the worst in history.

Jbehredt

WKR

It seems like a good number if you erroneously assume a 100% non vaccinated infection rate. Which your math does.

It seems like a good number if you erroneously assume a 100% non vaccinated infection rate. Which your math does.
I was only speaking of how many people are vaccinated, and how many vaccinated people have been tested positive for Covid so far.

If the vaccine is expected to be 95percent effective, over time 8.2 million of the vaccinated people so far would be expected to catch Covid after vaccination.

I was just stating that this far into the vaccination process, 125,000 breakthrough cases seems good.

Not sure where my math is misleading

What does the non vaccinated infection rate have to do with how many breakthrough infections there are of vaccinated people in the context of discussing how effective a vaccine is?

not being argumentative, just trying to see what I’m missing.

Okhotnik

WKR
I was only speaking of how many people are vaccinated, and how many vaccinated people have been tested positive for Covid so far.

If the vaccine is expected to be 95percent effective, over time 8.2 million of the vaccinated people so far would be expected to catch Covid after vaccination.

I was just stating that this far into the vaccination process, 125,000 breakthrough cases seems good.

Not sure where my math is misleading

What does the non vaccinated infection rate have to do with how many breakthrough infections there are of vaccinated people in the context of discussing how effective a vaccine is?

not being argumentative, just trying to see what I’m missing.
What about the tens of millions of the " dirty unvaccinated" that already have had covid and have strong anti bodies? Funny how the cdc is not studying this especially after the Cleveland clinic study

Anyone see the correlation too the latest covd varient break through and the situation with the southern border. I FEEL FOR YOU GUYS DOWN THAT WAY MUST BE HELL.

ozyclint

WKR
In Sydney they announced a 4 week extension to lock down and brought in the army to "help police enforce it".
Brisbane just announced "snap" 3 day lockdown.
Our Prime Minister last week announced that there will be "different rules" for vaxxed vs non vaxxed. I take that to mean the non vaxxed won't be allowed to breathe air.
We need a revolt here too.

CorbLand

WKR
If we are headed into another lock down I hope people will revolt. I was expecting that revolt the first time. I had no idea we would roll over so easily.
I think most people actually enjoyed the first one for a couple months. A lot of people I talked to around here liked that it slowed life down for a bit and they got to get some family time.

I don’t think a second one will be as well received.

Mike7

WKR

I see this much differently.

We better hope that this 125,000 breakthrough cases is way under reported, as I suspect it is (based upon if nothing else, just my own personal experience of some people having mild potential disease symptoms despite being vaccinated and deciding not to get retested).

Because if there has only been 125,000 breakthrough cases in vaccinated people, that is a horrible death rate in these individuals who on average were only vaccinated 4 months ago. This can only get worse, not better over time.

Mike7

WKR
The people that I met in Australia were some of the coolest people that I have met in any country.

But I wonder how safe they are feeling today with only their uniformed masters being armed?

gelton

WKR
Pfizer's clinical trials were just released and of the 29 people in the study who died from Covid - 15 were vaccinated, and 14 had been given the placebo.

amassi

WKR
The people that I met in Australia were some of the coolest people that I have met in any country.

But I wonder how safe they are feeling today with only their uniformed masters being armed?
21 Australians were killed by armed masters last year
8.5 per 10 million. Fewer than Canada Eh and 64th in the world. So pretty safe I'd wager

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Bet dollars to donuts the grocery store has already rolled out the “you must mask up to enter” signs.

Here's the funny part. They think they're doing you a favor by making you wear a mask so you can spend money in their store.

Our local Sam's Club (yes, in stupid NM) handed me one when I walked in yesterday. Said I didn't need one as I walked by. Lady at the front said "it was mandated this morning".

I just kept walking...

Status
Not open for further replies.