Everyone’s favorite Carhartt alternative?

First I’ll start by saying as a libertarian I respect every private companies’ right to make a decision that they believe is in their best interest. That being said I want to vote with my dollar and support a company that values liberty, and provides their employees the ability to make personal health decisions without undue influence. I don’t have a ton of their gear but I don’t think I’ll be adding to what I have in the future. I had a Wolverine vest in the past I really enjoyed and will lean that way in the future. What’s other good alternatives folks have liked?

“Taking things away from people until they say yes is not a choice”
- Some hippy with a sign

I have an Ariat rebar jacket and hoodie that I like really well. I’ve had them for about a year and they have held up well and are plenty warm.

I’ve been looking at getting some stuff from Duluth trading company. Looks like pretty durable workwear. I noticed a lack of quality over the last couple years from carhartt and as much as I liked their double front pants, I have been ready to try something new anyway.

colersu22

WKR
A few years ago I switched to Duluth and I like the fit better than the carhartts I use to wear before that model was discontinued. I recently picked up 2 pairs of the true work pants too and they are comfortable and remind me of the first lite guide pants but they are not the most durable. Second time wearing them I caught a piece of metal and tore a small hole in 1 pair. I also like the Duluth because I can slide knee pads in so makes working whole kneeling more comfortable.

I thought only rich homosexuals bought stuff from Duluth trading co…..

Just joking……sort of.
Well dammit, where’s a poor redneck that’s saves up money for good work pants supposed to spend their money. Not joking, I think saw a man bun in the last Filson ad…

Man I got an email from filson for….alaskan flannnel “jogging pants”…..I didn’t know those were even a thing.
If they are they shouldn’t be. Yeah they’ve change. I had a warranty issue years ago and they quickly handled it with no question. Then more recently I had a warranty issue with something that came apart with very little wear and they wouldn’t do anything for me since I bought from a gun shop and not one of their factory stores. About a week later I got a catalog in the mail with a hipster looking guy with shotgun and a German Shepard in a outdoor/hunting looking situation and realized where the company went. I had a feeling when they started selling a soy based wax for their tin cloth stuff but didn’t want to believe it. The bummer is I had a bunch of their old good stuff and then lost a bunch of weight and got rid of it. I guess if I kept stuffing down burritos and pizzas I’d be fat and well clothed. Now I’m holding onto a pair of tin cloth chaps as a remnant of a formally badass company. Better than a man bun wearing flannel joggers. What the hell is that? That sounds like some my daughter would own, a made up complicated name for something that already exists. Just call them pajamas, done.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If they are they shouldn’t be. Yeah they’ve change. I had a warranty issue years ago and they quickly handled it with no question. Then more recently I had a warranty issue with something that came apart with very little wear and they wouldn’t do anything for me since I bought from a gun shop and not one of their factory stores. About a week later I got a catalog in the mail with a hipster looking guy with shotgun and a German Shepard in a outdoor/hunting looking situation and realized where the company went. I had a feeling when they started selling a soy based wax for their tin cloth stuff but didn’t want to believe it. The bummer is I had a bunch of their old good stuff and then lost a bunch of weight and got rid of it. I guess if I kept stuffing down burritos and pizzas I’d be fat and well clothed. Now I’m holding onto a pair of tin cloth chaps as a remnant of a formally badass company. Better than a man bun wearing flannel joggers. What the hell is that? That sounds like some my daughter would own, a made up complicated name for something that already exists. Just call them pajamas, done.

The flannel joggers are real, look them up lol. My friend ordered some sort of a down jacket from filson which cost several hundred dollars, it has a big “made in Bangladesh” label in it.

My wife got me these workout shorts from
A company called “ten thousand” that apparently are a collaboration with filson, they say filson on them but are just the same as other shorts form ten thousand….what the hell.

Rob960

Lil-Rokslider
I have been wearing a Tough Duck bomber jacket since the early 90's. Funny thing is I paid like $25 for it at Wally World.