Everyone's Preferred Rangefinder Sub. $500

cg26

FNG
I am gathering up a list of a potential list of Range Finders. What is everyone's preferred Range Finder Sub. $500 in 2021. Right now Sig Sauer, Vortex, Leupold. Probably looking at around a 1500 yard or greater.

Thank you

Firehawk

WKR
I really like my Sig 2000. It is several years old now, but been easy to like. Fast, accurate, reliable.

If I were looking today, I would look Sig again, but also have to look at the Maven. Too many stellar reviews to look past it.

I have been happy with my leupold. I had an issue with the display getting dim outside of their warranty and they sent me the newer model at no charge. Fantastic service and a typically good product has made me a repeat customer.

bigmooi

FNG
I was looking at Vortex, but from my research it appears they are the only company to state they fully warranty electronics for life... everyone else has a term that seems kind of short, even though they may assist like Leupold above, they may not at the same time or after.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
Leupold didn’t offer me a free replacement when mine dimmed, but did offer me a 50% discount. I can’t justify buying a new rangefinder every 3 years, though, even if it’s half off. I wish that Leupold at least offered a refurbishment service, as I would have kept it.

I ended up getting a Sig because I found a good sale on them at the time. Not the lifetime warranty of a Vortex, but a better warranty period than Leupold.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Pass on leupold. They have the worst warranty in the business. Mine quit reading ranges accurately and they told me to pound sand even though it was obviously a manufacturer defect.

I really liked my sig tho!

Blandry

WKR
I bought a leupold full draw rx-4 and love it.. my last rf was sig kilo 2200mr which completely died in 3 years. I hear that's actually a long life in the rf world lol.

The leupold just 'seems' higher quality. Better display, faster reading, and of course the archery ballistic.

It's an archery specific rf but ranges accurately out to 900yds.. which is all I'll ever need.

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the Leica CRF Rangefinder 2800.COM. I looked at Leupold RX-2800 TBR/W, and the Vortex RAZOR HD 4000 but went with the Leica. IMHO better glass and got a good price on it.

jwatts

WKR
I'm leaning towards getting a Vortex myself. I currently have a Sig that I like. Right at the start of archery season the display started going to dim. I have been trying to get a response from Sig customer service since the first week of October. I'm not 100% sure if it's under warranty still, but I'm perfectly fine paying a little to get it fixed. Their site has a form to submit for customer service. I'm at around 6 weeks from the first form, 2 weeks from the second, and a few 45min on hold phone calls with no resolution or even any contact yet. I really like the rangefinder but from my experience their customer service seems to be lacking.

I know the joke about Vortex is that they offer that good warranty because you're gonna use it. They've always been quick to communicate when needed though.

ZDR

WKR
Leupold FD-4
Vortex Razor 4K
GPO 1800

All 3 of these are optically great and range at or better than their specs.

Either 1) rangefinders have come a long way in 10 years, or 2) the Sig's are really incredible. My 1800 Kilo BDX blows the snot out of my old Leupold RX-1000i.

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Leica. This works great for us. Call Doug at Cameraland.

Leica Rangemaster CRF 2400-R​

Leupold RX1600i with DNA and TBR for bowhunting for me. In bow mode you get instant angle corrected yardage. Also gives the angle corrected yardage in scan mode…which I always use to ensure the yardage Is verified. Best “logical programming” for a Bowhunter in my experience. Leica does not have both these features that I am aware of. (My Leica does backup duty).