Everyone's Preferred Rangefinder Sub. $500

Flyjunky

WKR
without question I'd go with either the Leica 2800 or the new Sig Kilo 5k. The new features on the 5k look great.

Sig 1600 does everything i need it to for bow hunting and rifle hunting out to 600. It's also a bit lighter and compact than higher sig models.

Switched to a Vortex Razor 4000 after using a Leupold for years. The warranty was the main reason after the Leupy started to fail. Lifetime vs 2 years is an easy decision. Been happy with the Vortex.

I think my Maven is pretty slick. Doesn't have ballistics software if that's important to you, but I'm impressed with it.

I understand the concern of warranty vs quality. If you want quality, get a Leica. If you want a lifetime warranty and lesser quality, get the vortex. I think vortex is a great product but when I bow hunt I use my Leica for quick viewing to check on game. The glass is used for more than ranging for me. I haven’t used the new vortex line but I messed with friend’s ranger and it struggled to make it to 700 yards consistently. I would say choose what fits your needs better.

I understand the concern of warranty vs quality. If you want quality, get a Leica. If you want a lifetime warranty and lesser quality, get the vortex. I think vortex is a great product but when I bow hunt I use my Leica for quick viewing to check on game. The glass is used for more than ranging for me. I haven’t used the new vortex line but I messed with friend’s ranger and it struggled to make it to 700 yards consistently. I would say choose what fits your needs better.
I agree for the most part but I think a little of that goes out the window with electronics as they have a much shorter lifespan, eventually they will fail regardless of brand. with vortex you get a new one when it inevitably happens

bluumoon

WKR
I like my Sig, but it doesn't work well when it gets below 20 degrees. How do the others fair in cold temps?

DLIP

Lil-Rokslider
The best warranty is the one you don’t have to use after an inferior product costs you an animal on a hunt.

I’ve been using a bushnell arc 1000 for years but will be picking up a Leica 2400-r this week. I care less about the “features” of the Sigs than I do the reputation of reliability with the Leica.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
My sig kilo 2000 is very reliable and consistent. It ranges dark and bright targets the same, and is the only rangefinder ive owned that ranges consistently in rain, light fog, and mist. The only negative is it struggles to get over 850, but as a 400 and in rifle hunter and archery hunter, i have been very impressed with it.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
My Sig Kilo2000 was great until the warranty ran out. That was in July. Now it doesn't work and their Service told me the best they can do is 40% off another one. I told them I'll buy another brand since this one died before the original battery. I own many Sig products at the moment but will never buy another. Stay away from Sig.

fishbeafraid

Lil-Rokslider
My Sig 2200 MR has been very inconsistent. I will change the battery and see if anything changes.. Otherwise it's taken a crap. I know it's out of warranty too. I'd be leery of Sig electro optics. Unfortunately all but vortex have a $hit warranty on the electronics. Likely will go Leica, Maven or Vortex next.

magtech

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a bushnell conx way back when they were sub $200. They updated the app this year and it works on newer phones. It is bulky. Excluding that, it does its job well.