Evolution Hyde

Hey everyone, I was wondering if any of you have used the Evolution Hyde broadheads? I've researched them, but wondering if any of you have any stories using them?

Nick

Zac

WKR
Went through both shoulders of an antelope then hit the fence post. Blades showed some chatter but it left a nice hole in the fence. Had another pass through on another one that showed the same thing. It was buried in the dirt.

Attachments

• 20210820_163808.jpg
    20210820_163808.jpg
    755.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Resized_20210822_120938.jpeg
    Resized_20210822_120938.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 34

TravisIN

WKR
They are both awesome. Here’s a video of the Jekyll in action. The shot is at around 7:40 in the video. Also I will add that they are extremely extremely forgiving. I’ve tested a lot of heads and as far as a forgiving accurate broadhead this one is tied for the best I’ve shot.

2020 Indiana Deer Hunting-Late Season Buck-Self Filmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any broadhead would massacre a deer with that shot placement! I am curious about the plastic containment pin? Also, if you use the head can you reuse it easily and replace the plastic pin?

Pins are not hard to replace. Have shot a number of deer and hogs with the Hydes and all have performed very well. A pass through into hard dirt, rocks, trees, etc. and you may have one or the other expanding blades bent. Easy to replace as well. I have used both the version that Valkyrie sells (Deathswitch) and the Hyde from Evolution ( Dale Perry).

Beendare

WKR
Ive seen them quite a bit As I sometimes hunt with a bunch of buddies that all shoot them.

Its a pretty incredible design with that leading cutting edge ( I always prefer those COC heads ) They almost always get a passthrough and big wound channels. The only animal Ive seen shot with onethat didnt get a pass thru was a big 6 pt bull shot this week square in the shoulder with a crossbow Quartering to.

Animals know they have been hit….but that is an amazing design.

TheTone

WKR
Ive seen them quite a bit As I sometimes hunt with a bunch of buddies that all shoot them.

Its a pretty incredible design with that leading cutting edge ( I always prefer those COC heads ) They almost always get a passthrough and big wound channels. The only animal Ive seen shot with onethat didnt get a pass thru was a big 6 pt bull shot this week square in the shoulder with a crossbow Quartering to.

Animals know they have been hit….but that is an amazing design.
Any of them using them with the fixed blades or just the mechanical? I’ve been curious to try them out simply for the ability to change them.