Evolution of Kifaru frames-Bikini?

I looked at Kifaru packs for maybe 8 years before purchasing one. Back before RokSlide, flat bill hats and Mtn Ops. And OnX. Pre Smart Phone.....

I thought the carbon stay Duplex "Bikini" was gonna be the Be All, End All pack. I still pay attention to new releases. Watch the release vids. Even bought a 14'r a year or two ago. Have there been a schit ton of packs that have come and gone in the last 4 years?

My question is: I think I have what's called a Bikini frame. No spanner between the stays. No real Frame Sheet. Is this no longer made?

Each video of A-Aron I've ever watched normally concludes "This will work will all of our older and new pack systems"

The more I hunt further and longer, the more packs I think I need. Wanting a new Gen 2 Magnum 22. I don't really even see a 22" frame listed. Think only 24" shows in the drop down on Tactical frames?

Bender responded to a few q's in the Stryker thread stating it will not work on a Bikini frame. Kinda a general "WTF". Would be nice to know before ordering for those not hardwired into RokSlide 24/7. And is that the same No Go for the 22 Mag Gen 2? Has my Bikini frame been long ago discontinued?

Kotaman

WKR
I looked at Kifaru packs for maybe 8 years before purchasing one. Back before RokSlide, flat bill hats and Mtn Ops. And OnX. Pre Smart Phone.....

I thought the carbon stay Duplex "Bikini" was gonna be the Be All, End All pack. I still pay attention to new releases. Watch the release vids. Even bought a 14'r a year or two ago. Have there been a schit ton of packs that have come and gone in the last 4 years?

My question is: I think I have what's called a Bikini frame. No spanner between the stays. No real Frame Sheet. Is this no longer made?

Each video of A-Aron I've ever watched normally concludes "This will work will all of our older and new pack systems"

The more I hunt further and longer, the more packs I think I need. Wanting a new Gen 2 Magnum 22. I don't really even see a 22" frame listed. Think only 24" shows in the drop down on Tactical frames?

Bender responded to a few q's in the Stryker thread stating it will not work on a Bikini frame. Kinda a general "WTF". Would be nice to know before ordering for those not hardwired into RokSlide 24/7. And is that the same No Go for the 22 Mag Gen 2? Has my Bikini frame been long ago discontinued?

Bikini is no longer made. Some of the bags no longer work with the Bikini. Both Duplex frames come in 24” or 26”. Tactical Frame comes in 22, 24 or 26” frames. The 22 Mag works well on a 22” or 24” frame and can even be used on a 26” frame. If you want it to fit to the bottom of the frame, you’ll need the tactical 22” frame, but the others will work.

You can call the shop and get a load lifter strap piece that will work with all the new bags and the 3/4” bikini load lifter strap. Ask for Bender when you can. He’ll know exactly what your asking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Btw, still running my 26” bikini because it flat out works and weighs a lot less than what the new frames weigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdot

WKR
The Bikini frame isnt well supported. It's just a bit too different from Kifaru's other frames. I cant say I blame them for not trying to maintain cross-compatability. I "upgraded" this year from my bikini to a duplex frame. I'm not totally convinced. It is definitely a better load hauling pack, but dont like it as much for the day hunting, it's a bit too stiff.

The 22" frames are only in their tactical frames.

danarnold

WKR
I had a duplex and wasnt all the way loving it, got a SG... just picked up a bikini on RS this week with a bag and all kinds of accessories, feels really good so far