Executive Gun Control Orders?

Billinsd

WKR
Weekend at Biden's, sleepy Joe is talking about "common sense" gun control orders coming if Congress won't pass them. I don't like Executive orders no matter which party is in the White House. I imagine the Supreme Court will get busy pretty soon? However, this could just be pandering to his Marxist base and just talk? Looks like a looooong couple years until the next round of elections.....

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Amen RR. He signs that Order and he is going to have a civil war on his hands. People wont put up with it. There is a reason he has the NG still in DC with a big fence surrounding the white house. Isnt that Ironic, he fences in the whitehouse but cant even close our borders. This is going south very fast. That News press yesterday was a joke. I am already over this guy. Sleep Joe is going to get a rude awakening if he keeps this up.

zacattack

WKR
Weekend at Biden's, sleepy Joe is talking about "common sense" gun control orders coming if Congress won't pass them. I don't like Executive orders no matter which party is in the White House. I imagine the Supreme Court will get busy pretty soon? However, this could just be pandering to his Marxist base and just talk? Looks like a looooong couple years until the next round of elections.....
Going to make most of the country felons with the stroke of a pen. Look at all that unity

Geewhiz

WKR
Amen RR. He signs that Order and he is going to have a civil war on his hands. People wont put up with it. There is a reason he has the NG still in DC with a big fence surrounding the white house. Isnt that Ironic, he fences in the whitehouse but cant even close our borders. This is going south very fast. That News press yesterday was a joke. I am already over this guy. Sleep Joe is going to get a rude awakening if he keeps this up.

Well, I hope people won't put up with it, but I think in reality people will. Just like everything else. It takes too much effort and its too inconvenient for people to actually take a stand. The room is getting smaller and smaller every day as the walls are closing in around us. At what point do we say that's enough?

I was just reading one of the bills about the gun ban. It mentions it will be outlawed if it has a threaded barrel, a detachable magazine, a barrel shroud, a capacity of over 5 rounds, and on and on. my coworker says "all my guns are bolt action hunting rifles so it wont affect me". He's missing the point, and is exactly why I think people are just going to sit and take it. Makes me angry.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If gun legislation IS the answer, then making legislation that bans all criminal activity while in possession of a gun will cover it all. And we all know that criminals will abide by the laws. But at least this way, it only affects criminals and not law-abiding folks. Which should be the goal.......but also how we know that THAT is not their goal.

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
Well, I hope people won't put up with it, but I think in reality people will. Just like everything else. It takes too much effort and its too inconvenient for people to actually take a stand. The room is getting smaller and smaller every day as the walls are closing in around us. At what point do we say that's enough?

I was just reading one of the bills about the gun ban. It mentions it will be outlawed if it has a threaded barrel, a detachable magazine, a barrel shroud, a capacity of over 5 rounds, and on and on. my coworker says "all my guns are bolt action hunting rifles so it wont affect me". He's missing the point, and is exactly why I think people are just going to sit and take it. Makes me angry.
It's the incremental creep of all things anti-gun...

My formerly red state Colorado has a mag capacity limit, a governor signed red flag law, background checks for all but family, and now some middle eastern whack job buys a PISTOL and shoots up a grocery store. Gee.. wonder what the dummies under the golden dome come after next...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Citizens don't have to follow executive orders. Those are for bureaucrats and federal employees.
If the ATF adopts whatever EO he puts out we're kinda screwed, they are not exactly an agency you want any negative interactions with. Here's an interesting article I just found on Trumps EO on bumpstocks.

Looks like the Supreme Court refused to hear the case, but was later overturned by a Federal Court

Bump Stocks | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and ...

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks
On December 18, 2018, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of "machinegun" under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.
************************************************************************************************************************************

Supreme Court leaves Trump bump stock ban in place​

By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter

Updated 12:29 PM ET, Mon March 2, 2020
***************************************************************************************************************************************

Trump's Bump Stock Ban Just Lost Big in Federal Court​

“It is not the role of the executive—particularly the unelected administrative state—to dictate” the terms of criminal law, said the 6th Circuit.​

AZ8

WKR
If gun legislation IS the answer, then making legislation that bans all criminal activity while in possession of a gun will cover it all. And we all know that criminals will abide by the laws. But at least this way, it only affects criminals and not law-abiding folks. Which should be the goal.......but also how we know that THAT is not their goal.
That’s dangerous. What will prevent a biased Democrat leaning legislature to make something perfectly legal now, to something criminal by passing laws after the fact? It could have a profound effect on every legal citizen in this country. It’s never going end with them. They want all guns gone. Period.

Geewhiz

WKR
It's the incremental creep of all things anti-gun...

My formerly red state Colorado has a mag capacity limit, a governor signed red flag law, background checks for all but family, and now some middle eastern whack job buys a PISTOL and shoots up a grocery store. Gee.. wonder what the dummies under the golden dome come after next...

This is how it happens, little by little. And then people from California and Colorado scoff at residents of more conservative states when we balk at the regs coming down the pipeline that they have been living with for years. Makes me sick. Freedom my ass.

I'm feeling patriotic, specifically today, and am to the point where I'm ready to step onto the boat and throw some tea into the water myself.

I'm as guilty as anyone for being complacent, but at some point its got to stop. I'm just not exactly sure how to make it stop.

bsnedeker

WKR
That moron can go straight to hell I am not listening to him.
I'm with you... I've blocked all Biden stories from my news feed for my own sanity. I just started donating more money to groups that support things like the 1st and 2nd amendments and let them deal with this for me. When they tell me to write my congressman I do that, but other than that I just ignore everything. Life is too short.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

260madman

WKR
If the ATF adopts whatever EO he puts out we're kinda screwed, they are not exactly an agency you want any negative interactions with. Here's an interesting article I just found on Trumps EO on bumpstocks.

Looks like the Supreme Court refused to hear the case, but was later overturned by a Federal Court

Bump Stocks | Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and ...

https://www.atf.gov/rules-and-regulations/bump-stocks
On December 18, 2018, Acting Attorney General Matthew Whitaker announced that the Department of Justice has amended the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF), clarifying that bump stocks fall within the definition of "machinegun" under federal law, as such devices allow a shooter of a semiautomatic firearm to initiate a continuous firing cycle with a single pull of the trigger.
************************************************************************************************************************************

Supreme Court leaves Trump bump stock ban in place​

By Ariane de Vogue, CNN Supreme Court Reporter

Updated 12:29 PM ET, Mon March 2, 2020
***************************************************************************************************************************************

Trump's Bump Stock Ban Just Lost Big in Federal Court​

“It is not the role of the executive—particularly the unelected administrative state—to dictate” the terms of criminal law, said the 6th Circuit.​

D2C036C5-8476-414A-BE29-0F45503C9130.jpeg

260madman

WKR
Gun owners of America. Donate today. They aren’t to busy hoarding cats and getting fitted for suits

The NRA sold out gun owners and supported the Bump Stock ban. Whether you like bump stocks or hate them, what happened is unacceptable and the 6th Circuit said so. That’s a pretty big precedent to set. Chevron didn’t apply and it shouldn’t. Now if they could get Chevron to go away...

eldeuce

Lil-Rokslider
This is how it happens, little by little. And then people from California and Colorado scoff at residents of more conservative states when we balk at the regs coming down the pipeline that they have been living with for years. Makes me sick. Freedom my ass.

I'm feeling patriotic, specifically today, and am to the point where I'm ready to step onto the boat and throw some tea into the water myself.

I'm as guilty as anyone for being complacent, but at some point its got to stop. I'm just not exactly sure how to make it stop.
Molon Labe