Exercise

Jmort1754

WKR
If you were going to buy one piece of home exercise equipment such as a bike elliptical or rower what would you buy?

lots of answers to that question. I have been a fan of all at turns. My current line up is a treasmill, bike (airdyne), cheaper eliptical and a concept rower.

if you told me I could only have one it would be the rower with some walking and jogging thrown in for variety. You can do sprints, circuits or long rows. I works about every main muscl. it is compact to storeand doesn’t even take a lot of room in use.

side note: if you told me I could only have one piece of fitness equipment, period, I would say a 35# kettlebell. Pair one of those with a little instruction, some reading, you tube and some cardio circuits and you can crush yourself and your entire body, including heart and lungs, on the regular.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
The reason I ask is I broke my back and required a few surgeries. Impact weights are out for a bit.

The reason I ask is I broke my back and required a few surgeries. Impact weights are out for a bit.

When done properly, lifting weights to build functional strength is zero impact. Squat, deadlift, bench, press - all zero impact and can be done with only the bar at first. These all build core strength and your back will thank you. Obviously high weight, explosive power lifting is a different animal that you might not want to consider.

Running can be super high impact. Building lean muscle mass burns more calories 24/7 as a bonus.

fatbacks

WKR
I have a Peloton and really like it. Never thought I would've been a fan of home fitness, but I love it.

I also have a Concept 2 Rower... excellent supplement to the Peleoton, but I would get the bike first.

If you already own a bicycle just grab a stationary bike stand for ~$100 and call it a day on the cardio side of things.

This is the one I use, nice and easy to get in my morning cardio plus when it's nice out I can just take the bike off and go riding.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
I built a d.i.y. squat rack in the basement for next to nothing. Im hoping to pickup a Rogue echo bike soon,think it will compliment the strength training.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I figure a street bike is not considered home exercise equipment but I find sitting in one place boring, I know, I have tried them all from stationary bikes to treadmills. I like getting out and having the wind in my face. Maybe if I lived in a place where the weather made it all but impossible to ride five months of the year, I would opt for something in home.

elkguide

WKR
I love my Concept II rower as well as my bicycle trainer but if I was able to have only one machine it would definitely be my BowFlex Max Trainer. The 14 minute workout makes me sweat more than an hour on the rower and two hours on my bike.
I'm just so glad that we live in such an amazing country, at such a great time that I can have all 3!!!!
(well actually I might have a few other workout "tools" too!)

*zap*

WKR
There is a lot to be said for walking outdoors...for me strength is #1 and aerobic capacity is a close second..but they go together for a good fitness program. If you squat please go past parallel or even better ass to grass. No baby reps... :love:

Clarktar

WKR
There is a lot to be said for walking outdoors...for me strength is #1 and aerobic capacity is a close second..but they go together for a good fitness program. If you squat please go past parallel or even better ass to grass. No baby reps... :love:
I have always squatted deep. The funny thing is, I find it harder to stop at parallel and go up. For me getting ass to grass and up is much easier.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Vandy321

WKR
A squat rack....if that's not in the budget, a Kettle Bell

I ride my wife's peloton when it's not run/ruck weather, but i prefer any type of cardio is outdoors.

Home gyms aren't cheap, and there is always something new to add, but the time it saves from going to a regular gym is priceless to me. More time with the fam.

Attachments

• 20211029_162309.jpg
    20211029_162309.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 49
Last edited: