exo 1800 vs. stryder xl?

Agustus

FNG
Wondering what are the opinions of these 2 packs going head to head? They're roughly the same size and utilize a way of keeping loads close to the frame. Seems like the kifaru stryker allows more ability to add pockets to the outside but are locked into a frame with a specific size (for me that's a 26" frame) where the exo 1800 has the ability to go 25-26 1/2" frame. This appeals to me because I can keep the frame smaller until I need to haul a load.

For me, this is predominately a whitetail pack with load hauling capability and trip out west once a year pack (if I'm lucky!)

Interested to hear the opinions of people who have seen both, possibly used the old stryker or had access to the k3 framed 1800.

Many thanks ahead of time!
Rick

Scotto

WKR
I own both the K3 1800, Christmas present, and the original Stryker, both on Kifaru frames. The Exo has more volume, but looks like the Stryker XL covers that. I have hauled meat with the Stryker and thought it did a great job. The Exo needs more strap manipulation at the bottom to haul meat, if being nit picky but not a real issue. After connecting the new Exo 1800 to my pack, I am contemplating selling the Stryker, if I can LOL. I do like the EXO pack organization.

OP
A

Agustus

FNG
Thank you. I was wondering if the organization that the exo had would push it ahead of the styker. I do like the improved organization and would probably get some more from the Stryker by adding the belt pouches to the outside of the Stryker....

OP
A

Agustus

FNG
Does the top of the kifaru frame impede you at all when moving?

I’m coming from multiple seasons of using the 14’r and not used to the frame of the kifaru. I have had the exo k2 with the 2000 bag

Scotto

WKR
Thank you. I was wondering if the organization that the exo had would push it ahead of the styker. I do like the improved organization and would probably get some more from the Stryker by adding the belt pouches to the outside of the Stryker....
I also had a medium pouch attached to the outside. The 24" frame does not impede me when moving. I have a 24" frame and a 26". The 26 is too tall at times for my height.

kravguy

WKR
I went round and round over this just this past summer. I had an Exo K3 1800 and the Kifaru stryker. I tested both on a bunch of different hikes either loaded with 40lb sand bag or 80lb kettlebell. For me, I found the Exo frame a tad bit more comfortable + easier to adjust to where I liked it. The Exo bag also won me over with the better organization. This is just my personal opinion, but I don't like having to add a bunch of extra pockets. I prefer them made right into the interior / exterior bag itself.

sivart

WKR
The only thing I wish the 1800 had was a small outer pocket for quick access things....ie gloves, snacks, and calls. Love the bag though. Prefer the kifaru frame. Prob gonna try the stryker and sell on or the other

kravguy

WKR
The only thing I wish the 1800 had was a small outer pocket for quick access things....ie gloves, snacks, and calls. Love the bag though. Prefer the kifaru frame. Prob gonna try the stryker and sell on or the other
That is what I use the smaller side pocket for.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk