Exo 4800 vs 6400

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Have you tested out the load hauling on the Exo Frame? I am interested to see what people think about the frame system and if there is a big difference in function.

Also How light is your overnight system, I feel like since I come from the mountaineering side I tend to like a smaller pack and become a minimalist.
For me, the Exo frame carries well. I have hauled 120 pounds for training with it and more than that coming out on a hunt. The pack could haul more, not sure I want to try and put it on though.

SO is well worth considering as well. I have an SO pack and it might end up replacing my Exo (lighter, one piece hip belt, fabric that works better in the rain). For simplicity of design, the Exo wins though. Both systems can haul heavy and both companies are amazing to work with.

OP
Amos Moses
Have you tested out the load hauling on the Exo Frame? I am interested to see what people think about the frame system and if there is a big difference in function.

Also How light is your overnight system, I feel like since I come from the mountaineering side I tend to like a smaller pack and become a minimalist.
So far I’ve only had a 50lb bag of sand in it but it was very comfortable. The extra height of the frame stabilizes the pack well.

My sleep system is relatively light. I’m 6’8” tall so I guess a lot of my stuff is bigger and bulkier than others. The main reason I went 6400 is my wife and two boys. Im certain I’ll be carrying a good amount of their things on my back for overnight camping trips.

I had 4800 and got 6400 and normally subscribe to bigger is better, but my stuff is so light and compacts well I think I could have gotten 7 days out of the 4800. I just heard on hunt backcountry podcast that Steve Speck got 10 days in his 3200. I just don’t know how and he’s was like I don’t get why guys need a 6400 haha.

Orchemo

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone not using there 4800 and wants it to find a new home that will allow it to share mountain adventures, send me a PM

sneaky

"DADDY"
I had 4800 and got 6400 and normally subscribe to bigger is better, but my stuff is so light and compacts well I think I could have gotten 7 days out of the 4800. I just heard on hunt backcountry podcast that Steve Speck got 10 days in his 3200. I just don’t know how and he’s was like I don’t get why guys need a 6400 haha.
He won't get ten days of late season gear and food in a 3200. I'm still rocking my 5500 and a 2000. Other than day fishing trips or scouting trips, the 5500 always gets the nod

I like the bag design/layout of the 3200 and 6400 better. The full zip side zip actually gives better access to the bag and the front stretch pocket on the 4800 is so narrow that is really isn't that usable. I can get 7 days in the 4800 and would have stuck with it if it had same layout as 6400.

7mm

FNG
I also like the 6400. I know i can do 10 days in a 4800 easy but i love the big stretchy pocket on the front and side zipper works very well for packing and quick access. I had a Mystery Ranch Marshall where the size zip was more towards the frame and it sucked because that is usually where my food would be and just didn’t work well for quick access. I now have a 3200 that i will be taking on a late season sheep hunt where we will be spiking out for 2-3 days at a time with full winter gear and 4 season Hilleberg then returning to basecamp. But that is splitting the tripod/spotter/tent with a partner.

Yaada_205

FNG
Well lets see.... I started with the Exo K3 1800.... I opened up the box, looked at...kept staring at it in my living room. Then was like, nope not going to be enough. I called Exo and got the exchange to the 3200.

Then I handed the 3200 down to my son and use a 4800 now. Now Im thinking about the 6400!!!! LOL

I hope you just went straight to the 6400!

I had the 4800, liked the horseshoe design, figured it would hold everything I could carry. Plenty of room for a 6-7 day hunt, but stretching out to a 10 day hunt, it became a tight squeeze. Upgraded to the 6400 and packing isn't as stressful now!