EXO 4800

Happy Fathers Day to all the dads out there!

I just got a EXO 4800 and have been doing 40lbs day trips and really liking the feel. I had a Kuiu Icon Pro 5200 prior, nice pack but just didn’t fit me and now have past it on to my son.
Question I have is, I’m running a BTX 85mm and was wondering, for the folks that maybe using the same, what is your preference for packing your spotter?

28outlaw

FNG
I don't have the same spotter but I prefer to have mine under the lid. Quick access keeps it protected and I like the weight up high.

28outlaw

FNG
If i know im not going to use my sotter for awhile or when packing an animal I have used the side pockets as well. I don't usually do this as I prefer to keep my sleeping pad and tent in the side opposite of my rifle.

Poser

WKR
I’ve been using a Exo pack since 2014. I place my spotter in the tube, usually carry the tripod in the opposite tube to balance out the weight. I’ve always thought of the sines as being primarily designed for this purpose: quick access to spotter/tripod.

WILLMCC

FNG
I have also been running a Kuiu pack, the Pro LT 4000. Nice pack, but not quite large enough. Now I am hearing all of the reports of Kuiu frame failure. Do you feel the EXO pack is much more comfortable that the Kuiu? Have you had any frame issues?

md126

WKR
No frame issues at all with the Exo as far as durability, simplicity, etc.

Comfort is all relative depending on body type/back shape but I think the Exo is pretty comfortable for a wide range of people

Ram94

WKR
I have also been running a Kuiu pack, the Pro LT 4000. Nice pack, but not quite large enough. Now I am hearing all of the reports of Kuiu frame failure. Do you feel the EXO pack is much more comfortable that the Kuiu? Have you had any frame issues?
Do you have any links to the failure reports? I ask because I was talking to an outfitter last season in the backcountry and he was telling me he'd seen a few frame failures on the Kuiu packs but I cant seem to find any of the reports. I'm happy with my SG but just curious is all.

BBob

WKR
Now I am hearing all of the reports of Kuiu frame failure.
Where you hearing that? Once upon a time (early 1st gen) there were failures but not so much in recent times. We have a bunch of them around here and no one's had issues.

As to the BTX, loaded inside of main bag up against the side of the bag, objective down with eyepiece up high angling over the top of everything else at top of pack and under the lid if pack has a lid. Balance the pack with tripod on the opposite side.

OP
B
Thanks all
I do have a Kuiu Icon Pro 5200 just doesn’t fit me well, the EXO, night and day
For my BTX I have Marcupial cover and found that just strapping the cover to upper compression strap, centered and works well,
Still monkey with organizing where I want what, but so far so good