Exo Hip belt

Gapmaster

WKR
Can anyone give me the measurements on the K3 belt? Specifically the thickness and height?

I’m looking at possibilities of Frankensteining my Eberlestock Mainframe. I want to put the K3 belt on it. I think it will fit, but dont wanna drop $50 on an idea and then it be a bust.

So I would need the tallest point measurement and the thickest pad measurement. Thanks for the help if anyone can make it happen.

As measured on the lumbar pad, I have 6.25" tall and 2" thick. The adjacent belt wings are about 5.25" tall and 1" thick.

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
It’s a work in progress, but it’s coming together. Will share for sure when I got it where I want it.

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
So I took an extra Eberlestock hip belt and the new Exo hip belt and have mated them together. Had to do it this way due to the difference in the way they each attach to the pack. My sewing machine will not work on this due to the thickness. So I hand stitched them and have taken to a boot repair guy to do the final stitching.
I will be able to adjust the hip belt exactly the same way you can on the Exo. Hoping for good results. It felt good when I tried it on, but no weight yet.
Only materials are heavy duty Velcro and some 500denier for strength on the “flaps” of the cut down Eberlestock belt.
I’ll get pics when done.

OP
Gapmaster

Gapmaster

WKR
Sorry it’s taken so long to get back to this thread... Anyway, the hip belt mod seems to be exactly what I wanted. I fit the belt on today with 55lbs and did 2.8 miles with 1,100’ elevation change. It performs better than I could have hoped. Much more comfortable than the Eberlestock belt and a ton easier to adjust. I did have to make some fit adjustments on my harness but this was expected. My pack rode higher on my torso than before which made the weight sit better aligned on my hips. This was a pretty easy diy project. Only outside help was the boot repair shop guy who stitched it with his machine ($10 well worth it). Pics to follow