Exo K2 Frame Questions

Outlaw99

WKR
You’ll be fine. I think it was mostly smaller waist guys that were having issues with belt slippage. It’s a great pack system, enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have two k2 frames and one bag each of the k2 sizes. I packed out an Alaskan moose this past September with all loads being over 100lbs. It worked flawlessly and loved it. I don’t ever see myself upgrading unless the frames and bags break beyond repair, but I don’t ever see that happening. I’m a smaller guy at 160lbs and a 30-31” waist. Never had any issues with the belt slipping or sliding on me. Once tightened and placed correctly it was amazing.

They have a video on getting it fit to your body and placed correctly on your waist and shoulders. Once adjusted to the individual they are as good as it gets.

kjigou

FNG
Pack fitting is really odd in that almost no one wears their regular pants around their actual waistline unless they have belts or suspenders. The hip belt pads should be dead centered on your iliac crest. The K2 frame should fit most torsos for people under 6’3” well.

Also!
The order you tighten your pack is paramount to fit. I’ve found with heavy loads the shoulder straps are better starting a little short just so you can get some purchase with the hip belt high enough on the crest otherwise it might start too low m. Once the hip belt feels locked you can adjust shoulder and load straps to get it right and finally adjust the chest strap to a comfortable length.

cprepula

FNG
Exo is a great company and they are both great packs. I have the K2 and will continue to use my K2 for many years. My brother bought the K3 this year, and while there are some nice upgrades, it doesnt make me question my pack what so ever. Enjoy your pack and don't worry about your decision.

In my experience, having a pronounced 'butt' helps with keeping the K2 hip belt up properly. I heard the blokes talking on podcasts about how if you had no 'butt', it might slip a little, and this is something they've attempted to fix with the K3.

I bought a K2 5500 in about May, 2018. I've worked it exceptionally hard in the time I've had it, and am lucky to live in a country where we can hunt 365 days a year. Besides packing out dozens of game animals, I also hiked through some wild mountain in Papua New Guinea with it in Sep/Oct of 2019. The pack was a standout in my group, and impressed the guide and other people who know what they're on about. They thought I was crazy when I told them how much I spent on it, as most other people were either using Chinese-made packs, and some were using Australian-made packs, but when I told them how much I use it, how regularly I have heavy loads in it, and how comfortable it was, they agreed it was worthwhile. These people weren't hunters.

Just because there is a newer version out, it doesn't mean the older version is no good. I'm sure Steve and the blokes at Exo had the K2 be as good as it possibly could be when it came out, but being a good company, they are always looking for ways to improve. I'm 100% satisfied with my K2 5500 and see no reason to sell it just to upgrade to a K3 pack, and I dare say my Exo sees more work than most of the Exos over the ditch.

Not trying to sound like a wanker at all with this post; just pointing out that my hunting season is limitless and therefore my experience with the pack is extensive.