EXO K2 Frame with Horn Hunter attachment preview thread while shed hunting in ID/MT

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had used the original frame with the Horn Hunter last year and will now be using the new K2 frame on my journeys this spring and fall. The prior frame had epic days in 2016 and served me well, so looking forward to wearing the new frame. First day out was a casual jaunt in Idaho with no an elk shed to be found, but the new frame carried things nicely on a nice cardio day. First impressions; the slim design is awesome and this frame may get a bag addition to be my pack for rifle hunting this fall, some nice changes on setting it up for individual adjustment that this old vet was able to figure out pretty quickly, slight changes to the lumbar pad allow it to fit snuggly against your lower back which will be nice with a large load. Next time out I want some 6 pt sheds rockin it sky high versus just sweat stains:) Any questions send them my way.

A couple of photos from last years use to bring me luck then on to new photos.

Last edited:
OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally a nice day to be out hiking, the snow is slowly receding and was able to scoop a nice dark bull. Amazing how such a light frame can handle weight. The frame design moves with your body and over the 14 miles today and 40k steps the pack is a joy to use and much, much better than anything I used to use. If this had come out earlier my body would have gotten me to 50k steps:)

Last edited:
OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Been a tough year in the jungles of Idaho so far but the miles and steps continue to accumulate:) Finally had a pretty good day, which means ice on the knee today so we are all smiles. The EXO frame continues to shine feeling a like glove and providing nice cushioning for those downhill sticks that are found every now and then in this country on a day of endless sidehilling! Funny stuff MT100 just trying to pretend to still be young :)

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like elk hunting keep ground and pounding until you find what your looking for and any day in the mountains beats work! The EXO is getting a workout just not on the biggins I am looking for.

Last edited:
OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Morning Darren, not eating enough and yes weight tends to run off👍Eating a lot of high calorie items nuts, eggs sandwich for breakfast, protein bars, some chocolate, elk jerky, anything and everything the next day with a lot of water and hydrate and recover on the day out.

Randle

WKR
Hey Ross. What do you think the biggest differences are in the original and the K2 frames?
Great sheds too

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
With my pack weight running 20-30 on avg as no big hauls I would say the slimmer/tapered design and larger lumbar pad. The slimmer design is nice with all the brush busting I'm doing the pack stays right with you and will be nice as a hunting pack and the larger lumbar lets you snuck it in tight so it fits like a glove on your lower back👍

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
another good north Idaho day..just by chance spotted 3 bulls coming out last weekend so me and a buddy headed in a were able to scoop a few and learn a new hillside with many rubs..will likely venture in this September to see what may answer the call of the mountain:)