Exo K3 2.0?

0311dmd

FNG
Hey all, last weekend I received my new Exo K3 4800 (BRO edition if that matters). I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos. A lot.

It seems that all the reviews that I watch the zipper pulls for the packs they are reviewing (k3 4800) are different than mine. They have a rubber loop on the pull and mine are just cordage.

Also, the K3 videos I am watching have strap keepers (Velcro) on all the straps and I don’t have any one my exterior.

Did Exo change design on the K3s recently?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 111

Gapmaster

WKR
Seems like I read/heard somewhere that they were going to change the zipper pulls due to some failures with the rubber??? I could be wrong but I believe I heard that somewhere.
Call Exo if you want the real scoop.

OkayestHNTR

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure about the zipper part but EXO sells Velcro add ons for those of us who can’t handle the straps unkempt.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk Pro

sneaky

"DADDY"
Cordage lasts longer than those rubber pulls. Everything you mentioned is minor details. If they forgot strap keepers just call them up and they'll send you some

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey all, last weekend I received my new Exo K3 4800 (BRO edition if that matters). I’ve been watching a lot of YouTube videos. A lot.

It seems that all the reviews that I watch the zipper pulls for the packs they are reviewing (k3 4800) are different than mine. They have a rubber loop on the pull and mine are just cordage.

Also, the K3 videos I am watching have strap keepers (Velcro) on all the straps and I don’t have any one my exterior.

Did Exo change design on the K3s recently?
What's the BRO edition? Did it come with a Mtn Ops flat brim hat?

Drenalin

WKR
My 4800 and 1800 both have cordage pulls, no rubber. The strap keepers are sold separately as an accessory.

md126

WKR
Mine has the rubber pulls and Velcro strap keepers. The elastic strap keepers are extra I believe

Jbxl20

WKR
Cordage pulls and straps hanging everywhere. I think there’s only 2 strap keepers on the load shelf

I'd bet if you contact them they will send the velcro strap keepers. I can't remember if mine came with them or not, I had a bunch so I would have put them on if it didn't have them.

My zippers have the cordage, I liked the rubber loops that the k2 had, but suspect they had issues and changed, either supply line or lifespan. After using the k3 for a season I don't notice the different pulls, it initially only bugged me with the hip pouch.

OP
0311dmd

0311dmd

FNG
How different are the pockets from the K3 4800?
I can upload some photos tomorrow but here’s the specs from Exo’s site

• Extra-long, zip-access pocket on one side
  • Dual zip-access side pockets on one side
  • External mesh accessory pockets
  • Internal mesh accessory pockets
  • Born & Raised logo embroidery

Do many of you guys really use strap keepers? I can’t understand choosing to dick around with them every time you tightened or loosened up your bag. Maybe you set them up differently than I was thinking..

Gapmaster

WKR
Do many of you guys really use strap keepers? I can’t understand choosing to dick around with them every time you tightened or loosened up your bag. Maybe you set them up differently than I was thinking..
I don’t roll em up all the way in or out.. find the happy medium.

They can be a pain in the ass, but if I’m on a long pack in/out, then yes I’ll use them. I hate extra strap hanging anywhere. Flopping around, getting wrapped up on shit... Maybe it’s my OCD... But it’s not a deal breaker. If I don’t have them, I’ll just put a half hitch in the excess strap and move on.

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,

We had been using the loop-style pulls from the same supplier for years. Unfortunately, though, we have had some occasional issues with those pulls breaking and wanted a more durable solution for long-term use. We transitioned over to the pulls a few months ago to guarantee 100% reliability over the long-term. The newer style pull costs us more (in both time and money), but are worth it for performance and longevity.

To answer the Strap Keeper question… we sell those in packs of 12 to manage the loose compression straps on your pack. The only strap keepers that come with a pack system are on your “built-in” compression straps secured to the frame panel.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks guys.

OP
0311dmd

0311dmd

FNG
Hey guys,

We had been using the loop-style pulls from the same supplier for years. Unfortunately, though, we have had some occasional issues with those pulls breaking and wanted a more durable solution for long-term use. We transitioned over to the pulls a few months ago to guarantee 100% reliability over the long-term. The newer style pull costs us more (in both time and money), but are worth it for performance and longevity.

To answer the Strap Keeper question… we sell those in packs of 12 to manage the loose compression straps on your pack. The only strap keepers that come with a pack system are on your “built-in” compression straps secured to the frame panel.

Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Thanks guys.
Thanks for the response. From a military background it’s either strap keeps or electric tape and I’ll go with the keepers! Btw, loaded the K3 with day hunting gear and a 50lb sandbag today and I was able to do jumping jacks. These packs handle weight extremely well!

You can go on to Amazon and buy the velcro by the roll. Cost you a few dollars and you can cut it to length. It's a narrow double-sided Velcro meant to be used for this type of purpose. I bought a roll years ago and use it on every backpack and sling pack I have