Exo K3 4800 Features I Forgot And Some I Just Learned

Passing the time watching Exo K3 4800 reviews, I was reminded of a few really nice, if not obvious, features of these incredible packs. Figured we could play "Find the features" while staying home.

- Remove lid. Unclip dry bag clips. Clip into the now-vacant lid clips.

- Need access to your short stretchy side pockets on the go? Pass the side compression straps THROUGH the custom hole near the top front edge of the pockets. Full access without unclipping the straps.

- Need a place to clip stuff you want to access quickly, but still have it protected? A few inches down inside each tall pocket is a strap loop, just waiting for a carabiner.

- Shoulder straps placed too high or low for your torso? Pull velcroed strap loose from pack and move attachment hook to one of six, inch-spaced attachment loops.

- Want to lengthen your frame 1.5"? Flip the ferrules that slide into the pack at the bottom of the frame 180 degrees. One position is 1.5" longer than the other. Remember to move your shoulder straps down 1-2 clip positions for best fit with taller pack.

Other cool features?

Last edited:
OP
Mike Islander
- 1" adjustment of belt on each side, marked with red guidelines.

- Trekking pole loops on each side of bottom of pack, large enough for one or both poles.

- Two internal QD clips for stash pockets. Stash bags are waterproof and see through.

- Velcro lining inside rim of roll top holds full pack dry bag.

jhbaylor

FNG
Really like some of the new features on that K3 frame. Especially the ability to extend the bottom of the frame when you want more length for load carrying capacity.

OP
Mike Islander
Really like some of the new features on that K3 frame. Especially the ability to extend the bottom of the frame when you want more length for load carrying capacity.

Yes, I had forgotten all about that feature, even though I used it as one of my deciding factors when I bought the pack. Haven't packed any large animals with it, so haven't needed it. But glad to have refreshed my knowledge of the features of this great pack. Made specifically to solve so many problems you encounter when packing out heavy animals.

walleyes

FNG
This is from a 6400. A feature I have not found a use for. Any ideas? A piece of webbing rolled up at the top of the side pockets.

Attachments

• A70504EF-985E-49B7-B4CA-DD95B2D07585.png
    A70504EF-985E-49B7-B4CA-DD95B2D07585.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 87

jdmaxwell

WKR
Big fan of separate compartment for water bladder from main compartment.
Different than K2

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Mine is out for delivery right now... can’t wait to get my hands on it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rawask

FNG
What about the 2 loops inside the bottom of the pack

I’ve never noticed those before. Just looked at my 4800 and noticed the 2 small black loops at the bottom inside of the bag. I believe those are inside attachment points for a dry bag. My 5400 dry bag has clips at the bottom.

by all accounts, it seems like EXO knocked it out of the park with their K3, and handled the frame issue crazy good considering the rate of failure which was very low to begin with.... not many companies would stand up and make sure everyone gets a new frame.... think about top bow companies, and the problems with some models, and they don't even want to recall parts with a high failure rate..... crazy difference in business model there.

EXO has as much integrity as any company I know of, pretty impressive they have their customer's backs (no pun intended) as much as they do. it's certainly a piece of equipment you can buy and wear with confidence.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Wrapping cable management velco around small items (chapstick, sunscreen, wind checker) and they velco to the inside of the belt pouch and harder to loose.

Also using a ~2' section of 1" strap and extra buckles you can make a belt and the lid can be used as a fanny or shoulder pack. The lid buckles are 1" Duraflex SJ lite and on amazon. I used two male buckles to strap to the top of the lid, but one male and one female could work.

Also I use 1" wide elastic keepers to keep all the straps managed and not flapping around in the wind. Makes for alot cleaner pack. The foilage color matches ranger green.

a2002c240a79b4b0cbea2aa2f2119d3f.jpg

Sent from my coral using Tapatalk

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I actually bought an Exo 4800 a couple days ago. Looking to compare the new frame vs what I thought about the old one. I’ll keep these in mind for the thread review hopefully coming soon