Exo K3 4800 Pack System Review ***Updated 2/10/20***

jingalls

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks tdhanses! I’ve purchased some Elk 101 stuff so I’ll check it out!

albow720

FNG
I use a water bottle holder from rugged stitching(pretty sure I found him on here) that works good on the new K3 belt. I also use the belt pouch, it works good to hold your phone or a couple snacks but thats about all you can fit.

OSUsmokey

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody using the Belt pouch? Comments?

Does Exo ever do a show discount or put these on sale?

They have mentioned in emails recently their show schedule for the upcoming month. Email said "show specials" I will be at the Portland Sportsmans show hoping they have the 1800 on some sort of discount.

Military or Public service gets 10% off

Lambchop

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone switched to auto lock buckles on these? Have any pics or how did they attach? Open male ended I’m guessing? This pack is looking more appealing than before.

K9Kelly

WKR
I wish they did run the coyote color, that is the color I prefer and that is holding me back on a purchase.
Same here! Am intrigued by the 4800 and a Coyote offering would seal it! For time being staying with my Multicam K2 rigs...

rhino8888

FNG
Same here! Am intrigued by the 4800 and a Coyote offering would seal it! For time being staying with my Multicam K2 rigs...
It seems like the fusion is now their coyote color option, I doubt they will come out with another.

rhino8888

FNG
It seems like the fusion is now their coyote color option, I doubt they will come out with another.
I also emailed them to ask if they would be doing another run of first light cipher this year and they said no, so they are likely sticking with the same 3 colors all 2020.

rhino8888

FNG
I've been watching the classified for a k3 to pop up, but no one seems to be letting them go, PM me if you are.
There are K2's that pop up, is there enough of an improvement to buy a new K3 vs a used K2.

rhino8888

FNG
I've been watching the classified for a k3 to pop up, but no one seems to be letting them go, PM me if you are.
There are K2's that pop up, is there enough of an improvement to buy a new K3 vs a used K2.
As for used K2's, were there any differences in year models? Anything defects or upgrades to watch for?

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Can anyone comment on the durability of Kifaru packs vs exo k3 packs?

I have used Kifaru packs for years and still do. It's my opinion that Kifaru and Mystery Ranch are extremely durable. Way more so than needed in most cases. That is not a negative, just know that they are extremely well built and will last a typical hunter a lifetime. The cost for that extreme durability and the modularity of Kifaru is a little extra weight.

Exo packs are also very well built and I haven't had any issues at all with their durability. I feel an Exo will last the typical hunter many years of hard use.

The frame issue had to do with a new aluminum frame material that was cracking in a very small number of frames. All new K3 frames will be sent out with titanium now and all the previous frames are being replaced at the expense of Exo Mountian Gear.

Hey Justin, where do you get your autolock buckles for the exo? I mostly want to put them on the two horizontal straps on the front of the pack. They do loosen up like you described when holding a bow or rifle sometimes. Since the female buckle is sewn in, will I have to cut a slot in the autolock to attach it?