Exo K3 4800 Pack System Review ***Updated 2/10/20***

Jbehredt

WKR
c492762c630b9f30afa18471ad4bba7f.jpg

Here’s a front, hind and antlers on a k2 with a load panel. Wasn’t loving life but wasn’t torture either.

Well I have a K3 arriving tomorrow that I will be testing side by side with my Stone Glacier Xcurve frame. I will say this so far the SG xcurve has stayed up on my back and hips better than kifaru, exo k2, and KUIU. I'm hoping the K3 frame does better than the k2.

Exo 4800 arrived yesterday and I loaded it up with 60lbs sand bag. I have a deep lumbar and the K3 was a huge improvment over the K2 for me. I will reserve my final verdict until I can get 10 - 15 miles with it using a heavy load 60 - 100lbs, but based off my first impression I have a feeling I will be keeping this pack and selling my Stone Glacier. We shall see.

Exo 4800 arrived yesterday and I loaded it up with 60lbs sand bag. I have a deep lumbar and the K3 was a huge improvment over the K2 for me. I will reserve my final verdict until I can get 10 - 15 miles with it using a heavy load 60 - 100lbs, but based off my first impression I have a feeling I will be keeping this pack and selling my Stone Glacier. We shall see.

Let me know if you don’t like it. What pattern or color?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonU

FNG
Thanks for the great review and all the comments on this thread. I've been looking at this pack for a while now...just saving my pennies now...

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered this pack last week I’m awaiting shipping notification... this will be my 4th EXO I’ve loved every single one. I can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I have one but didn't use it much. It's perfect for the guy who likes to drop his bag for meat hauling or for odd shaped loads like blinds or tree stands.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

dr_mateo

FNG
Hey guys, I just received a K3 Spyder frame and 4800 bag, along with some accessories to test out. I'm currently in the process of loading up for a backcountry bear hunt so this pack will be going directly into the field without any pre-testing. Post up whatever questions you have and I'll get them answered when I get back at the end of next week.

***Updated 2/10/20*** Read my complete review here: Exo K3 4800 Pack Review

Until then you can enjoy this intro video from Steve
Did you have any issues with the lid moving around as you were hiking?

Steve P

FNG
Thanks for the review Justin. Im new to the forum and have been doing some research on gear for a possible hunt in 2021. When looking into packs some of the info can be overwhelming to a degree with all the different options that some have. Already had it narrowed down some with Exo being in the mix, I like the simple/clean design of their packs. Great forum so far

OP
Justin Crossley

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the review Justin. Im new to the forum and have been doing some research on gear for a possible hunt in 2021. When looking into packs some of the info can be overwhelming to a degree with all the different options that some have. Already had it narrowed down some with Exo being in the mix, I like the simple/clean design of their packs. Great forum so far

Thanks Steve! If you have any questions along the way feel free to post them or message me and I'll help you out. And welcome to Rokslide!

Joe_81

FNG
+1 on all the above. My hunt is a little over a year away but I'd sure like to be sure about my pack before I go. This discussion has been immensely helpful. Are there any forums out there on how you get out of the dog house after buying a $700 backpack?

+1 on all the above. My hunt is a little over a year away but I'd sure like to be sure about my pack before I go. This discussion has been immensely helpful. Are there any forums out there on how you get out of the dog house after buying a $700 backpack?

Tell her that you'll save in the long run by starting with a good pack right off the bat. Buy once, cry once and buy nice or buy twice come to mind. Good luck lol.

I’m looking at the exo 3200 and SG 3300. I prefer the features, access to load shelf without undoing load lifters, and pocket configuration of the exo. Does the exo allow you to get a game bag full of say deboned meat high and tight like the included SG load shelf? Or do you need to buy the exo crib load panel?

CO-AJ

WKR
I was really hoping to try out the new 6400 this year, but not sure that is going to work out. :( I'm really curious as to your thoughts on K2 vs. K3, from overall design, to fit, finish, the works....
Im looking at the 6400 as well. I have been debating between the Seek Outside Lanner 5400 or Exo 6400. SO also has a 6000 series custom bag. I go back and forth between these 2 companies daily.

I’m looking at the exo 3200 and SG 3300. I prefer the features, access to load shelf without undoing load lifters, and pocket configuration of the exo. Does the exo allow you to get a game bag full of say deboned meat high and tight like the included SG load shelf? Or do you need to buy the exo crib load panel?
The crib helps keep a loose bag high but it’s not a necessity, especially if you have good cylindrical bags. I like the crib though