EXO K3 Lid Recall/Replacement: Exo comes though big time

I received a note today that some EXO K3 lids were sewn slightly wider at the straps than specified. Exo is sending a replacement at no cost. The old one still works, just not up to EXO specs. To replace it, just fill out a simple form on the email link. No hassle. No issues. Easy peasy.

Thanks EXO for stepping up on this issue!
- Mike

jgrg1215

FNG
The K3 has been my first experience with Exo and they have been great to deal with. The pack is very high quality. I saw the email yesterday but haven't checked mine yet. Good for them for making it right, but I expect nothing less from those guys.

So if we don't get the e-mail do we not get to replace our lid? My lid is definitely not right, falls right down the front of the bag. Can someone with the wrong lid please post a pic of the buckles in this thread so I can compare? Thanks.

K

Kootenay Hunter

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdQGT-X_i6lS3YSCRkcU-ZqwlstQ2bhQrIGM7jRiIZd5QV9nw/viewform

As you can see in the photos above, the incorrect lid pattern will cause the lid to be wider than the frame connections and create a loose-fitting lid. If you have had trouble with your lid fitting properly and your lid connections do not align properly with the frame connections, please complete the form below and we will send you a replacement lid...
We expect to have all replacement lids shipped in early November. In the meantime, if you have an affected lid, it can be helpful to cross the frame-to-lid connection straps. Connect the left frame buckle to the right side of the lid, and vice versa.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured, Exo will always stand behind our products and make sure our customers are taken care of.

Young Blood

Lil-Rokslider
For those of you that have the lids sliding down the front, is it pretty obvious that your buckles don't align like above? Mine seems to be lined up vertically, but it is still pretty loose. It doesn't fall down the front but I can't seem to keep it tight to the top of the frame. Its almost like the buckles sewn into the frame should have been put about an inch lower on the frame or so.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
For those of you that have the lids sliding down the front, is it pretty obvious that your buckles don't align like above? Mine seems to be lined up vertically, but it is still pretty loose. It doesn't fall down the front but I can't seem to keep it tight to the top of the frame. Its almost like the buckles sewn into the frame should have been put about an inch lower on the frame or so.

That is very common when a pack is empty or almost so. My lid was made properly but is still a touch loose if I don't have a load in the bag. I've had the same issue with some of my Kifaru packs over the years as well. If it's really bad you can run the lid straps inside your load lifter staps and voila.

Edit: Upon closer inspection my lid was indeed built wrong. I ordered my replacement lid today.

Last edited:
Just checked mine. I'm assuming this is incorrect.
37b3bf5933e16a131fbd6cb4d648bee0.jpg

jdmaxwell

WKR
Here is my experience
Wife bought K3 this year
Wife demo bag sent has wrong lid.
Get back they send us a new lid today arrives.
Yes does not fall completely done over frame but the new one still is not great.
Cross the straps on $700 pack to fix a poor design flaw? Really...
Good company but very poor fix.
This is probably going back.
Cant justify that one. Maybe next year the problem will get fixed.
Yes I like their stuff. Own 2 K2 packs

md126

WKR
I think he said he got the new lid and it still doesn’t fit right.

Either way I’d call Exo. Good customer service

jdmaxwell

WKR
I think he said he got the new lid and it still doesn’t fit right.

Either way I’d call Exo. Good customer service
Yeah they know us well with this ordeal.
First send us demo bag for our hunt. Very good of them. Then said they would sent her new bag and keep demo frame. What???
A visibly used frame. No thanks I said. We paid for new, they finally sent new frame and new lid.

Randle

WKR
We have the new lid if you missed that. It still is not great like it showed be
No I got that part . I guess I didn't understand, are you saying you were told to cross the straps even on the new lid?

jdmaxwell

WKR
No I got that part . I guess I didn't understand, are you saying you were told to cross the straps even on the new lid?
No..
But even with new lid that is the only way to make 100 percent so lid still does not somewhat slide down a bit over frame.
The lid design is bad, attachment points needed to be in further