Exo K3 long frame owners...help, please

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
Hi, packed out a muley on Sat evening, and had a hell of time getting a good fit under heavy load with my Exo. I was watching the videos today and took apart my frame to extend the height. While doing so, I put a tape measure to it. When the short end of aluminum extensions was out (i.e. in shorter setting), mine measured 24"...with long end exposed, measured 25.5" inches. Leading me to believe I ended up with a short frame despite ordering a long.

I spoke briefly with Mark and Exo and he wasn't sure if the length of aluminum corresponded directly to frame sizing. I am going to stop in there in next couple of days to get them to check it out and help with fit.

In the meantime, if there are any K3 Long Frame owners out there who wouldn't mine measuring their frame stays, I would appreciate it.

OP
R

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for taking the time. Thats what I was afraid of. Hopefully Exo will swap it out for me.

Mine was 25.5" with the long end and I have the tall frame..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graves14

WKR
I think the advertised frame heights are measured from the bottom of the lumbar. The metal frame sits in a pocket that is about 1" above the bottom of the lumbar on my pack which would give you 25"-26.5" based off your measurements.

If you are having fitment issues though, definitely call or stop by.

OP
R

RAM190Hog

Lil-Rokslider
That is correct. I just left Exo, Steve helped me direct. The frame height is measured from
Bottom of lumbar to top of frame. The actual aluminum will measure about an inch short. Did some adjustments and added lumbar pad, hoping for better results next pack out.

Graves14

WKR
That is correct. I just left Exo, Steve helped me direct. The frame height is measured from
Bottom of lumbar to top of frame. The actual aluminum will measure about an inch short. Did some adjustments and added lumbar pad, hoping for better results next pack out.

glad you got sorted out!