EXO K3 or Kifaru backpack

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i just had a post about this, i own a exo k2 and i wanted to get another pack so my wife could use the k2. I ended up getting a kifaru hoodlum, came in a week all the way to canada. It sticks to my back and doesn't move, my k2 is a great pack but it would slip under load, love the kifaru, finally get what all the buzz is about!

10ringer

WKR
i just had a post about this, i own a exo k2 and i wanted to get another pack so my wife could use the k2. I ended up getting a kifaru hoodlum, came in a week all the way to canada. It sticks to my back and doesn't move, my k2 is a great pack but it would slip under load, love the kifaru, finally get what all the buzz is about!

I had your exact experience with moving from k2 to Kifaru and I couldn’t be happier. That being said my buddy picked up the new Exo k3 and it’s really good. I had to give it a try and loaded it up with 80lbs and zero slip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really depends on you. For me this year I'm running the exo k3. Been scouting and hiking this summer with it and it's so comfortable and doesn't move at all on me. I live next to Kifaru and have had and used them plenty awesome gear. Kifaru bags are very form fitting for the task but tend to need alot of accessories to work for some of them. Last year my buddy and I were packing an elk and he forgot some straps. Meat shelf on the Kifaru wouldn't work without it. I was just running a day bag from MR...was easy...granted wasn't the biggest fan of the harness. His set up requires lots of attachment bags that bounce around alot and make noise if the bag isn't full. If your day hunting I'd look at the 1800 or 44mag. If your doing expedition style you'll need to figure how long and go from there. Exo you have like 4 options. Kifaru is like a 100...I think they make bags sometimes to just see if the fan boys will buy it. Good for them honestly. Both harness systems are top of the line and I'd choose over basically all other brands. And I've had them all. I like the bigger lumber they both offer. Some guys don't. Bottom line I think either way you'll be happy. But like one of the other guys said. Buy both if you can.

Good luck...a comfortable bag makes all the difference as the season weighs on...fit is everything. Ive had to tape my sides cause I rubbed them raw from a bag that slipped alot.

hikenhunt

WKR
Best advice when comparing is load them up with at least 80 - 100lbs to see how they feel. A lot of packs feel good with 50 - 60 lbs, but when I put 90lbs in a them that's when I can tell which ones don't fit me or don't feel as good as others. It was real easy for me to decide when putting heavy weight on the frame.
This is sound advice. If you are going to carry 100 lbs in it, don't just test it with 40 lbs, test it with 40 and 100 lbs.