Exo K3 question

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
I used to have a K2 2000 so I know the comfort of the Exo for me is great. The one thing that bothered me was having to undo the straps to access the meat shelf, which I understand they fixed on the K3. Here’s my question, is it necessary to keep the Velcro portion secured when not using the meat shelf? I despise Velcro but don’t want the pack to flop everywhere if I don’t use it.

I used to have a K2 2000 so I know the comfort of the Exo for me is great. The one thing that bothered me was having to undo the straps to access the meat shelf, which I understand they fixed on the K3. Here’s my question, is it necessary to keep the Velcro portion secured when not using the meat shelf? I despise Velcro but don’t want the pack to flop everywhere if I don’t use it.
The Velcro holds the top of the bag to the frame.

OP
P

Poeschel

Lil-Rokslider
Yes I see that, but the Velcro comes off when using the meat shelf so I’m wondering how it would work to permanently leave it off

renagde

WKR
Yes I see that, but the Velcro comes off when using the meat shelf so I’m wondering how it would work to permanently leave it off
I'm sure it would work but the bag won't be attached to the frame as tightly then. I think, especially if your pack is full of gear, you'll have a lot more movement back there. Honestly, I'm no fan of velcro myself but that system is pretty nifty. I haven't had any problems with mine yet.

md126

WKR
Depends on what you use the system for most.

When I deer/turkey hunt I used the shelf for a stand/blind so I just left the Velcro attachment off. I was accessing the shelf a lot and not hiking once I got to where I was set up to hunt so I didn’t care if the bag wasn’t super secure to the frame.

Out west I attached the Velcro because I’m only accessing the load shelf 1 or 2x and hiking with gear a lot more.

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey guys,

Just wanted to jump-in here and clarify a few things. The quick-access load shelf allows you to detach the bag from the frame in seconds, without removing load-lifter straps, making it easier to secure loads between the bag and the frame.

You don't re-attach the bag lip with a quarter between the bag and frame. But, when you aren't packing anything out, we strongly recommend the bag lip to be attached to the frame to ensure the bag is secure top to bottom. Let me know if you guys have any other questions.