Exo K3

Voyageur

WKR
I am in the process of choosing a frame to use as a freighter for hauling heavy/awkward loads....bear bait, tree stands, moose quarters, etc. Initially I had zeroed in on a Barney's, but just recently became aware that the K3 frame is an external style pack frame.
Based on my intended use of the frame I'm curious what Exo owners' thoughts are as to how the K3 would work for those purposes?
Thanks.

Firehawk

WKR
My EXO packs have been great for hauling elk quarters, deer and antelope. They can carry a whole lot more than I can for sure. Never hauled a treestand on one, but have heard of folks doing it. I am sure that they would do fine with bait.

That said, I would recommend that you reach out to them. They are wonderful to talk to and willingly help and want to understand the purposes so that you get what is best for your needs.

TheTone

WKR
My EXO packs have been great for hauling elk quarters, deer and antelope. They can carry a whole lot more than I can for sure. Never hauled a treestand on one, but have heard of folks doing it. I am sure that they would do fine with bait.

That said, I would recommend that you reach out to them. They are wonderful to talk to and willingly help and want to understand the purposes so that you get what is best for your needs.
Been looking at them a lot lately but haven’t figured this out. Is there any sort of frame sheet on the main “panel” of the frame or is the frame just the Ti?

87TT

WKR
I love my EXOs (two). That said with bulky loads with pokey things like tree stands, I would go with a external frame pack with maybe a solid piece of plastic between me. The EXO can take the weight for sure but is mostly fabric with stays.

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I have a K2 and K3 -- both are solid! I have hauled bear bait and deer/elk quarters, but think a moose quarter would be fine as well.

As far as awkward goes, I do a bit of backcountry shed hunting and have come out quite heavy at times. Having 70 - 90 lbs strapped on my back has never caused issue.

Attachments

• C8B97255-ADAC-4B2B-B9A0-DE707716FB2F.jpeg
    C8B97255-ADAC-4B2B-B9A0-DE707716FB2F.jpeg
    326.5 KB · Views: 41
OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
I have a K2 and K3 -- both are solid! I have hauled bear bait and deer/elk quarters, but think a moose quarter would be fine as well.

As far as awkward goes, I do a bit of backcountry shed hunting and have come out quite heavy at times. Having 70 - 90 lbs strapped on my back has never caused issue.
Thanks for sharing the picture.

OP
Voyageur

Voyageur

WKR
@Tyler Beck do you use Exo's Crib Load Panel?

Tyler Beck

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
@Tyler Beck do you use Exo's Crib Load Panel?
I have not, but I could imagine it would make hauling a breeze!

Firehawk

WKR
On my K2 pack, I always used a load panel. Much easier to keep the weight higher on my back that way. A few years ago, my buddy killed a 300" bull about two miles from the truck. I hauled the first quarter out with my bag still attached. When we went back in for the rest of him, I only had my panel and I put a bottle of water in it for the trip there. It was so easy to strap that game bag to the panel that I can't imagine not having a load panel always. To that point, I have just ordered the Crib panel for my new K3 pack as well. It was the second accessory I purchased, only behind a hip belt pocket.

Last edited: