EXO/Kifaru

Does anyone know if the EXO bags will fit onto the kifaru frames? It looks like they will and i know the MR will. Was just looking for a little different option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea it's easy. I just put a K2 2000 bag on the new Duplex Lite frame. Just cut off the Exo buckles and get 6 slotted quick detach buckle sets from Kifaru and attach the bag to the tab loops on the frame. The top pocket on the Exo slips nicely over the Kifaru frame and the straps on the bottom of the Exo work with the Kifaru frame OK as well. Sets up pretty nicely actually. If you cut the Exo buckles off with side cutters you could reattach them later like the slotted QR Kifaru buckles if needed. Damn sure lighter than the Kifaru bags at 1" 12oz.

Jbehredt

WKR
Or get some extra buckles from exo or elsewhere online. Rock lockster is the type. Put those on the kifaru compression straps. With a hunter or tactical frame the lid straps with a sewn loop will feed through a tab on the frame like they were made for each other. Have to be slightly more creative with a lite or ultralite frame.

OP
G
Great, thanks for the info! I have tons of extra buckles, etc, from kifaru and i live in a military town so they sell replaceable buckles, straps, etc all over the place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Etson

Lil-Rokslider
Yes. I did this last year and it works great. There is a great write up on here in the gear mod forum about doing this. Tells you everything you need to buy.

Im using an exo k2 3500 on my kifaru lite frame. I was using a woodsman for a small bag before i picked up the exo, but I much prefer the exo 3500 to the woodsman. The exo has side pockets like the reckoning that work great. Its a really easy swap. Ive packed out 1 whitetail so far in the exo 3500 and have no complaints.