• Exo Mnt Gear

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Kifaru

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Stone Glacier

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First off let me start by saying i'm super new to a forum page. I figured i'd just start off by Reviewing some of the new gear i got last year. I Purchased the Exo 3500 Pack, and absolutely loved it. I was lucky enough to harvest two mule deer, one in my home state of Utah and one in Wyoming on my first out of state tag. The pack held up exceptionally well. I was able to pack out my Utah buck Along with Camp, and I dint seem to have many issues with it. The only thing I have noticed is that when its super heavy the hip belt will rub the skin on my hips a little soar. With my Wyoming buck the packed worked flawlessness, mind you i only had the two rear quarters loaded down. But Just wanted to try this thread thing out. let me know you thoughts on the Exo packs vs. Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Mystery Ranch etc. Thanks

I am pretty happy with exo. Did your pants or belt change between those two hunts? I find it hard to wear a belt while using the exo pack. I have some pants I have to wear a belt with and settled on a sitka belt. My pack ends up riding right at the top of my pants, pushing them down. I have never had a rubbing issue. I have also never carried that much weight in my exo yet though!

md126

WKR
All of those packs are high quality elite packs with excellent customer service.

It’s all personal preference beyond that.

I have an Exo 5500 and a Kifaru Duplex Hunter w/Highcamp 7000 and think that both are great packs. Love the organizational features of the Exo, but I find myself using the Kifaru 75% of the time because of the cavernous Highcamp bag.

kiddogy

WKR
I also recently bought the exo 3500 pack. haven't had a chance to pack out any meat yet but have gone on a couple camping trips with about a 50ish lb load . so far I love mine .

imho all three brands listed above are top notch. and I don't really see price difference in each being much of a deciding factor as they are all pretty close in comparible pack choices.

my advice to one looking would simply be try em all on if possible and choose the one you think fits your frame the best