exo mountain pack

mauidiver

WKR
Maybe take a picture of where your straps are placed with your torso length. Picture references are way easier to figure out for me.

Thanks for the order! On the bladder yeah you can hang it inside the main bag or use the side pockets or hang it from the frame panel so it sandwhiched between the frame and bag. You can also pick up the Slurpy Stalker if you want a dedicated bag for it and that hangs from inside the bag and / or frame panel as well.

Cinching up the compression straps really tight isn't an issue at all.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve when will meat shelves that were back ordered ship?

WyoElk

WKR
Hey Steve, any shipping updates? I'm asking about the foliage 5500's specifically. Thanks sir.

Do you guys pretty much set your torso length adjustment once and forget it? Or do you find yourselves changing it depending on the weight of the load? I would think it would remain the same but I've had to adjust mine but it's very possible it was adjusted incorrectly from the start.

For the most part once I find the perfect setting I forget it and leave it. With really heavy 125lb + loads though you are going to get a little bit of sag, just now way around that and I've found that increasing the torso to the next webbing slot up can help.

Steve

aussielr

FNG
I just ordered a 5500, can't wait for it to get to Australia and take it on a Sambar hunt. Just wanted to thank Steve as I originally had a 3500 pre ordered and cancelled that due to a few problems I was having at the time. He had no problems with this and was very helpful and also answered a couple of questions I had really quickly.

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
After all the workouts with my 3500 I find I am getting nearer the max out point of my large size belt , I placed an order for a medium belt a few days ago just in case , still got a few weeks of training before I head out west . Be nice to be in that medium belt in September

WyoElk

WKR
Just wanted to add another first impression for those of you on the fence. I was really worried about getting the 5500 because I thought it would be way too big for my needs and especially too big for a daypack. When I opened the box those worries went away. It truly is incredible how small this pack can be and how enormous it gets. Having seen it now, I wouldn't even entertain a 3500. The pack quality looks great and i think it will serve me well.

ndflatlander

Lil-Rokslider
Just wanted to add another first impression for those of you on the fence. I was really worried about getting the 5500 because I thought it would be way too big for my needs and especially too big for a daypack. When I opened the box those worries went away. It truly is incredible how small this pack can be and how enormous it gets. Having seen it now, I wouldn't even entertain a 3500. The pack quality looks great and i think it will serve me well.

My thoughts exactly..... I had both and sold my 3500.... Absolutely love my 5500 it's the perfect pack for me.

BDice52

FNG
Does anyone have pictures of the side stretch pockets being used when the full length side pocket is full? I can't tell from the pictures I've seen, but it looks like you'd lose the stretch pocket once you put gear into the side.

BDice52

FNG
Does anyone have pictures of the side stretch pockets being used when the full length side pocket is full? I can't tell from the pictures I've seen, but it looks like you'd lose the stretch pocket once you put gear into the side. I really like the pack, but I love using the stretch pockets in my current day packs, I'm hoping they still work when the sides are full.

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have pictures of the side stretch pockets being used when the full length side pocket is full? I can't tell from the pictures I've seen, but it looks like you'd lose the stretch pocket once you put gear into the side. I really like the pack, but I love using the stretch pockets in my current day packs, I'm hoping they still work when the sides are full.

They'll still work fine , I've had the full length side pockets full and the stretch pockets still have stretch to them and work fine , I'll try to remember to get a pic posted later

BDice52

FNG
Thanks, that'd be great. I figured that was thought of but not being able to handle one out here on the east coast makes it tough to pull the trigger on it without seeing

mtnkid85

WKR
Thanks, that'd be great. I figured that was thought of but not being able to handle one out here on the east coast makes it tough to pull the trigger on it without seeing

Like andriondak said they are still useable, but depending on what is in the side pockets it can get tight. I was putting a set of tent poles and a rain fly in mine and they were still fine. But I If you pushed a spotting scope down in there then the side stretch pockets would get tight for a water bottle to fit in.

twall13

WKR
Like andriondak said they are still useable, but depending on what is in the side pockets it can get tight. I was putting a set of tent poles and a rain fly in mine and they were still fine. But I If you pushed a spotting scope down in there then the side stretch pockets would get tight for a water bottle to fit in.
I second this, but it's worth noting that you can use the compression straps to isolate the side stretch pockets by basically creating an artificial bottom to the long side pockets. I've found those pockets are plenty long for a spotter even when shortened up by a compression strap. That makes it a bit easier to get a full sized Nalgene in the stretch pockets. It's a pretty versatile pack.

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
Ok , I've got an UA pullover hoodie in the full length pocket and 50" of 3/8 nylon rope , in the stretch pocket on bottom I have a small pullout with hat , gloves , neck gaitor , facemask and a 16 oz nalgene bottle , could get a bigger bottle in there yet than the 16 oz I had on hand , hope this helps . This is an EXO 3500 , they are good packs , very comfortable and well made , I'm on the east coast too (Long Island) so I know what you mean about handling, seeing them but Steve at EXO is great to work with and they have a good return policy . Another point if you find a bulky item won't fit in the stretch pocket there's a lot of length to the side pockets , maybe adjust whats in there a bit upwards to give more room in stretchy pocket , I've not come across that issue in use but just looking now thats a way to deal with a bigger item

3Dcv0Vu.jpg

VW37KsK.jpg

VTvzQnv.jpg

BDice52

FNG
Thanks for the pictures, that's a lot more space than it looked from the other pictures I've seen. It looks like it has room for the water bottles I'd be packing especially if I keep softer items in the bottom like clothing or tent parts.

bounds

WKR
Hey Steve, do the belts for sale on the website come with the lumbar pad attached? It looks like it's the belt and lumbar pad in the picture. I'm trying to retrofit a better belt/lumbar pad onto an old pack and this may be the easiest replacement if it has the lumbar pad.

Also, if the pad is attached, what does the back of the belt look like? Is there one big sleeve that the frame slides into or is it two individual sleeves?

Thanks

good2eat

Lil-Rokslider
20150812_095029.jpg20150812_095042.jpg

A new belt doesn't come with a lumbar pad, though I'm sure you could work something out with Steve.