Exo pack belt size

Layrk15

FNG
Hello, all! I am looking into the exo mountain packs, which I have heard so many good things. I think I’m going to pull the trigger on one. The only thing I’m going back and forth with is choosing a belt size. I have read the great instructions on the exo website on how to choose the proper belt size and with that, I measured my iliac crest and I am around the 35” range. So I guess I fall in the Medium belt size category. Upon doing more research, I noticed some people with the same measurement as myself, said that they wish they would’ve ordered the smaller belt. So I figured I would make a post and see what everyone else’s thoughts are on this? If undecided, size down? I appreciate feedback in advance! Thank you!

Some info about me: I’m 5’9”, wear 33” waist.

RyanC

WKR
I'm 5'11'' and wear a 32" waist short/pant. I use a small belt and have some room. I would probably go with a small belt if I were you but if you're unsure call them. They have great customer service and will help you out.

Ryan

ExoMtnGear

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Thanks for your interest in our packs! If you measure If you physically measure between 34" to 39", go with a Medium hipbelt. Feel free to give me a shout and I'd be happy to answer any questions.

208-995-4688

I'm 5'11, 160. I wear a 33 waist paint in just about everything. I have 3 packs including an Exo. They all required a small belt.

5’10”, 32 waist in levis/wrangler 180-195 depending on the time of year. Small belt and have room with layers on.

JDB9818

WKR
Just got my pack yesterday. I usually wear a 33"-34" jeans / pants.

I followed there sizing instructions and got the medium belt. It fits fine with leftover room to cinch it down tight. I probably could have gotten the small and been ok with that as well, but the medium fits.

OP
L

Layrk15

FNG
Really appreciate all the feedback, everyone! With all of your help, I think im going to pull the trigger on the small belt! Again, thank you for the feedback!

I'm about 5'9" waist 32-34"

My belt is a medium and fits but it seems that a small may have been a good choice.

I wear a 34 pant, am 5’8 180. Ordered a medium at first and couldn’t get it tight enough during heavy pack outs and after several days in the woods(weight loss maybe). Ordered a small and that seemed to help. I actually get pretty close to running out of belt adjustment even on the small when I really crank it down after several days of wondering around the woods.

I am 34-1/4” measured waste started with medium and swapped to small. Now the small fits well when I use the belt expanded out 1” on both sides. The hip belt is adjustable by 1”.

OOSWLC

FNG
my measurements are almost identical to yours - i have a small belt, and it works just fine - but my thought before reading these comments was that i'd prefer a medium.

i have the small extended out as far as it will go from the lumbar support and it feels like it should reach *just a little farther* to be more comfortable/put my belt bags at a better location for access.

BUT it works well, and i'd much rather be in the boat i'm in as opposed to having a medium that's too big

my measurements are almost identical to yours - i have a small belt, and it works just fine - but my thought before reading these comments was that i'd prefer a medium.

i have the small extended out as far as it will go from the lumbar support and it feels like it should reach *just a little farther* to be more comfortable/put my belt bags at a better location for access.

BUT it works well, and i'd much rather be in the boat i'm in as opposed to having a medium that's too big
I bottomed the medium belt out which is why I went to small.