EXO pack bow carry

0311dmd

FNG
Hey all, new poster here. I’m a Colorado resident who has been elk hunting for the past 7ish so years. 4 years with tags of my own. I’m a rifle hunter but recently got exposed to first season rifle where I was lucky enough to call in 2 bulls opening morning, an entire herd the next evening, and was 3 yards from a calf while we where dressing her daddy from the evening before. I recently bought a bow and all the fixings for archery season.

I just purchased an EXO K3 4800 and I’m wondering if this pack will carry a bow as is or would anyone with experience with this pack chum in and tell me that I need a bow sling?

Thanks in advance!

35C33A70-130D-4957-890A-BBF081C1AA33.jpeg-a very thankful CO resident.

Attachments

• AEE28679-FAEB-4668-8A29-AFBCE669F8D7.jpeg
    AEE28679-FAEB-4668-8A29-AFBCE669F8D7.jpeg
    678.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
I use the cinch straps that are on the pack. I didn't like the weapon carrier personally.

87TT

WKR
I just use the cinch straps on my K2 when packing but did run into a guy that made a bottom sling with a piece of insulated electrical wire that worked like the weapon carrier but lighter and less bulky.

OP
0311dmd

0311dmd

FNG
Thanks for the replies. I have seen the bow carriages and slings advertised but was wondering if they are a gimmick. Im new to archery so I wasn't sure if I could just strap the bow to the bag without it getting damaged (sights and strings where my main concern). Thanks again.

Do not strap over your sights or strings.

I just run the two horizontal straps across my riser, high and low.

I like using the weapon carrier as it protects the bottom cam. Don't need it to strap a bow to the pack, but especially once you have meat in the pack it's nice to have that cam protected, for setting the pack down, or if your feet slip going down hill and you skim the ground. Only takes a very small nick to the cam to mess up the serving.

For carrying while hunting I really like the Montana bow sling. Puts the weight of the bow on your pack, but gives you quick access.

Jbxl20

WKR
Yep! I ended up buying the bow carrier after talking to Mark at EXO about it. He said it’s not needed to secure the bow, but protects the cam just in case. I haven’t tried it yet but hopefully it’s one less thing to worry about when setting the pack down