EXO pack on a KUIU frame?

linnebur6

FNG
Not sure if this has been discussed or not.

I’ve been looking at running an EXO bag on a KUIU frame.
Is that bag compatible with a KUIU frame?

Is there a kit I could buy to help with the conversions?

Thank you!

Jimss

WKR
Why Kuiu frame? If it's not too late I would definitely purchase a Kifaru over a Kuiu frame!

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
“Frankenpack” (search it, really) is a fun concept and I’ve done a bit myself but this definitely is not a straight forward setup. You would have to change buckles at a minimum and it likely won’t slip over the top of the frame without modifying the bag (it will be in meat sling mode all the time which is sloppy when not packing anything between bag and frame).

If you’re building a pack from used parts in the classifieds I would just find a kuiu bag, or exo frame.

If you really want to give it a go buy buckles from kifaru or the type they use/sell as it’s a widely used style making your project more future proof.

Last edited:
OP
L

linnebur6

FNG
Thank you guys for the input!

I actually really like my KUIU frame, fits me well and has done great the last two seasons.

I just got back from using an EXO pack of my buddies to tryout that he had ordered!

It was great, but I might just be used to my KUIU frame at this point.

But, we were having a conversation about adding different brands packs onto different frames. I had seen the idea used before, but not with a KUIU to EXO.

I really love the tan colors/FL camo options that EXO gives, and wanted to see if I could add that to my frame. (I'm a little picky on colors and camos...)

But, figured I could pick up a cheap EXO pack to use on shorter hunts, and use my KUIU bag on longer hunts.

After hearing that the bag would be lose when not packing out..... This would drive me crazy.

The problem with the KUIU system, compared to the others, is their utilization of 3/4" webbing where everyone else uses 1". You could still put a 3/4" strap through a 1" buckle, but it might not work as well, could slip. I'm sure you can find the Duraflex buckles that Exo uses online for a fairly reasonable cost.