EXO Pack Question

Bro-sada

FNG
Question for the EXO Pack users. I am currently using an EXOK2 3500. The pack has been awesome as a good all around pack, but on multi-day back county hunts it is just a little too tight for my shelter, sleeping system, meals, etc. I have been contemplating making the jump to the EXO K3 6400, but I can purchase the K3 6400 bag for half the price and EXO says it will work on my K2 frame. My question is...is the full K3 pack that much better than the K2, or should I go the half price route and just order the K3 bag for my K2 frame saving me $300+?

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would just get a dry bag that is large enough to hold your camp 2500 ci or so and then carry it in your meat shelf. Then if you truly need you can just dump it, mark on map, go hunt without camp weight, and come back to camp in the dark. That's probably the cheapest option you have especially if you like your K2 frame and bag.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

DRUSS

WKR
Honestly, my K2 fits me better than my K3. Both carry weight very well. Not sure how to describe it but my K2 just seems like a nicer fit overall. Never carried over 115# in either. 30-65# most of the trips in use.

I would just get a dry bag that is large enough to hold your camp 2500 ci or so and then carry it in your meat shelf. Then if you truly need you can just dump it, mark on map, go hunt without camp weight, and come back to camp in the dark. That's probably the cheapest option you have especially if you like your K2 frame and bag.

This ^

JNDEER

WKR
this answer will very person to person. At first i was not a fan of the K3, after a lot of adjusting (lumbar) and frame height i was able to get it perfect and really enjoy the steeper load lifter angles compared to the angles i would get on the K2 at heavy loads.

that said- i prefer my 5500 bag over the newer bag designs.

Bob Dole

FNG

Yes