Exo vs Stone Glacier vs KUIU

Stone Glacier is my jam. Raspberry jam.

But at a pack size that small, and not really looking at doing elk-load packouts, I don't think it'd matter as long as you aren't trying to pack it out in a Jansport.

I had a kuiu. Not even close in comfort to an Exo. I’m sure SG would be comfortable but the light material makes me nervous if you are using it for whitetail and mobile sticks. The Pop up is a decent choice and the Exo has some nice capabilities. The Kifaru Stryker would be a solid whitetail pack as well.

SG is tough as they come. The X-Curve is as comfortable as they come. Only issue is the belt is a nightmare to get set tight!! One pull on my mystery ranch and it's set. A dozen later with the SG!

I had a kuiu. Not even close in comfort to an Exo. I’m sure SG would be comfortable but the light material makes me nervous if you are using it for whitetail and mobile sticks. The Pop up is a decent choice and the Exo has some nice capabilities. The Kifaru Stryker would be a solid whitetail pack as well.

what light material on a SG are you referring to? SG uses the same 500D cordura and the xpac is even tougher.

I went from an eberlestock mainframe pack with batwings and the super spike duffel to an exo 6400 and I’m so glad I did. I could’ve easily put 8-10 days worth of gear in it. Best pack on the market IMO.

87TT

WKR
Check the classifieds and get the EXO. K2 2000. I have both the 2000 and 3500. Same frame. I have packed out two elk solo with mine. Three trips each. pretty sure loads were heavier than a whitetail. I am 67 and unless they get stolen or set on fire, I am done buying packs. Oh and I sold a Kuiu to help buy the 2000.

KHntr

Lil-Rokslider
I wonder with all these guys who are recommending Kuiu have owned and used a Kifaru/Exo/SG, or if its more of a "this is more than I could afford so you should like it too because this is what I bought and I need other people to say they are just as good as a Kifaru or SG or Exo"....

hunting1

WKR
I wonder with all these guys who are recommending Kuiu have owned and used a Kifaru/Exo/SG, or if its more of a "this is more than I could afford so you should like it too because this is what I bought and I need other people to say they are just as good as a Kifaru or SG or Exo"....
I have several Kifaru frames (22, 24, 26) internals as well the G1 and G2's, Bombproof US made. I also have the latest KUIU Pro system as well MR, several others. They are both great and have pluses and minuses. My preference would be a Kifaru Frame with Kuiu bags. My comparison is Kifaru is a King Ranch F250 and Kuiu is a Ford Raptor. I would not talk anyone out of either.

mmac

WKR
Packs are like boots, the fit is personal. Would have to try them on to see what you like, what you like for adjustments and simplicity. I like the Kuiu packs I have and have carried many a quarter with them and lived out of them plenty of nights. I am sure the others are nice too.

what light material on a SG are you referring to? SG uses the same 500D cordura and the xpac is even tougher.

Do get me wrong, I have nothing against SG. However, climbing sticks like the beast sticks are brutal sharp. I would hate to lose any of my packs to the teeth of those. So, if the OP is mostly using the bag for whitetail, be cautious. Not for strength in carrying but cuts.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Id go kuiu, I know about 10 guys who all have kuiu packs and they take them on 14+ Day fly in trips and they all range from having had the pack for 5-10 years and none of them have had an issue. That’s going be my next purchase!

Has kuiu even been around for 10 years??? Or even 5???

I have a SG pack and love it. Packs great and is super comfortable. That being said my brother has the new Pro Kuiu pack and I have spent time with it as well. If you were to pack big heavy loads a lot I would recommend the SG but for what you are looking for Kuiu would be my choice if I was in your shoes. The bags have a lot more organizational features and that seems to be what you are looking for. The avail on an xcurve frame would be a solid choice too.