Exodus question

Sobrbiker

WKR
Anybody notice Exodus heads starting to fly erratic after multiple shots through foam?
My 125’s fly awesome usually, but last weekend my practice head started falling way out of groups. I tried it on a different arrow, same stuff:6-10” away from point of aim at 60yds.
It’s not my bow, as my VPA 3 blades, Magnus Buzzcuts, and field points were all holding tight.

I wonder if there’s just a point where the blades start shifting around after so many hits....

Have you checked it to see if it's bent?

I haven't had trouble with Exodus, but it's not uncommon for a broadhead to get slightly bent over time with practice. It will really start to show at distance.

I haven’t had any erratic flight. But after sharpening the blades, when I put it back together I didn’t put the one blade in correctly. It looked like it was in right and was even locked in Tight but I always spin test and it was wobbly. So I took it back apart and reassembled and spin tested again and it was fine. It’s possible after shooting into your target it could have loosened up. Spin test your arrow and see if every thing is straight.

Coryl

FNG
I have a shot a ton of them for several years and never seen an issue. AS previously noted, one of the blades must be bent (Which also does not happen often with Exodus!). Let us know what you end up finding.

OR Archer

WKR
If you’re shooting groups with broadheads and you strike it with another arrow it can most definitely bend it and make it shoot erratically.

OP
Sobrbiker

Sobrbiker

WKR
Don’t have a spinner, but I just retired it to foam 20yd backyard practice and got 3 new heads for the current OTC AZ hunt,now I just need a cooperative muley😆

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I used to have a single Shuttle T BH that I used for years for my BH tuning. That thing wobbled like crazy on the spinner, but it hit the bullseye at 60 every time I shot it. It was better than FP's in that consistency. Now I shoot Exodus, so have a single Exodus head I do the same with. Only one year on it so we'll see if it stays as consistent year after year after it starts to wobble.