Expandables

Segan

FNG
What's your bow setup weight, draw length, arrow weight etc. ke and mo if you know them? I love mechanicals and have taking tons of critters with them but there is no doubt IMO that it takes some pretty good horsepower to push some of the big mechanicals through an elk.

If you have the setup to do it a big mechanical is absolutely devastating but I agree with everybody that shot placement is most important.

2010 Z7, 29" draw length, 68lbs, 398 gn. Arrow, (100 gn tip, 29.5" long, speed at 288 fps, 8.9% foc.) Initial K.E. 72.2 ft-lb I just pulled that off my archers advantage program. I do agree with shot placement being key.

ckleeves

WKR
2010 Z7, 29" draw length, 68lbs, 398 gn. Arrow, (100 gn tip, 29.5" long, speed at 288 fps, 8.9% foc.) Initial K.E. 72.2 ft-lb I just pulled that off my archers advantage program. I do agree with shot placement being key.

That's pretty solid. Weird that you not getting pass throughs IMO (at least on deer).What broadhead were you shooting?

Segan

FNG
That's pretty solid. Weird that you not getting pass throughs IMO (at least on deer).What broadhead were you shooting?

I shoot the G5 T3. I'm going to finish out my season here with them and probably make a change for next year.