exped downmat xp9 lw?

*zap*

WKR
Anyone have any first hand experience with this mat? If you loose the pump bag can you still inflate it? General performance ratings?

thanks.

IdahoElk

WKR
Anyone have any first hand experience with this mat? If you loose the pump bag can you still inflate it? General performance ratings?

thanks.

I have this pad and yes you can blow it up without the schnozzel but it will take a little doing. It's great,offers good insulation. I have used it down to the mid teen's

colersu22

WKR
I have one and have never used the filling bag, just the chest compression style pump action. I love the pas for the size and R rating and have used mine in single digits and low teens and never felt cold. It does take some time with pumping it up by hand but it is not terrible.

BAKPAKR

WKR
I got a long wide XP9 for a hunt in 2018 where the plan was to mostly car camp with a possible overnight bivy trip. It is the most comfortable mat I have ever used but also the thickest and second heaviest. For a backpack hunt this year, I saved 1.25 pounds and used a Thermarest Neoair XTherm. I will probably continue to use the XTherm if I am backpacking in for more than an overnight trip due to the weight savings, but the XP9 is way more comfortable.

Last edited:

mlgc20

WKR
I have this pad, but haven’t filled it without the bag From a performance perspective, this pad is awesome. I’ve used this pad down to 0 degrees on a snow camping trip. It’s the only pad I would trust in extreme cold.

Clarence

WKR
Has anyone had any mold form when consistently inflating by mouth? That would be my concern. My brother got this pad this year, and I had a little pad envy. They are bomber for late season stuff.

OP
*zap*

*zap*

WKR
I would think moisture from your breath would get on the down and never have an opportunity to dry out. The xp does not have a built in pump as far as I am aware.