Exped Durability?

ToolMann

WKR
Picked up a brand new Exped SL 7. It held air for about 6 hours. Thought maybe first use, cool night, maybe it just lost a little air. Crawled out of my bag and blew it up, flat again in 15 mins. Will be returning to REI for a replacement tomorrow. This was in a clean tent with ground cloth. Just seeing if others have had good durability with them. Plan is to give them another try instead of returning and switching brand.

n816kc

Lil-Rokslider
My SynMat 7 gave up earlier this year, baffle blow out. Low mileage but it was @5 years old. They replaced it under warranty.

Last edited:

Moserkr

WKR
My exped is 6 years old n going strong despite 6 patches. I couldnt find the pinhole leaks so sent it in to exped. Their goal is to keep their products out of landfills. So they dunked it deep in a water tank, fixed my leaks, and pressure tested it for 3 days with 150 lbs of weight, then shipped it back at no cost. Not even under warranty at that point. They make solid products and back it with great customer service. I wouldnt lose faith.

Clovis

Lil-Rokslider
Mine have been plenty durable--I have had instances in which I hadn't closed the valve quite right and had what seemed to be a leak but was just user error.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I sliced the hell out of mine on the corner of a metal door while I was sleep g on the floor of the fire station, exped patched it up free of charge and it’s been good to go ever since.

Decker9

WKR
My lady and I have a bunch of years using expeds with no problems, until last fall. It was my 6th year on my pad (synmat UL) and separated a baffle. I contacted exped and they had me a new one in 4 weeks, even with it being a year past it’s warranty date. 100% satisfied.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
Synmat and downmat for almost 10 years of seasonal use even with dogs. Probably 5 patches each and still going strong. Their valves are a little tricky to close, you have to go around and push the edges.

I had a baffle blow out but it was my fault. Exped had a new pad at my door in two days. That pad was about 6 years old. I have to add a little air every 2 or 3 days but that’s it.

Rockchuck

WKR
I had problems with blown baffles on the synmat ul7 twice. They were good to replace them quickly. They were always comfortable, but we have moved away from them because of the baffle issues we had.

2 hard years on mine. Going strong. My current favorite. Exped SynMat XP 7 Insulated. It is definitely one of their beefier 4 season pads.

Last edited:

Clarktar

WKR
Picked up a brand new Exped SL 7. It held air for about 6 hours. Thought maybe first use, cool night, maybe it just lost a little air. Crawled out of my bag and blew it up, flat again in 15 mins. Will be returning to REI for a replacement tomorrow. This was in a clean tent with ground cloth. Just seeing if others have had good durability with them. Plan is to give them another try instead of returning and switching brand.
This happened with two different expeds in the last 6 months for me. Held air for less than 8 hrs. One slow leak I'm guessing valve. Other separated at the seam on the side.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
ToolMann

ToolMann

WKR
This happened with two different expeds in the last 6 months for me. Held air for less than 8 hrs. One slow leak I'm guessing valve. Other separated at the seam on the side.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Bummer. We'll see how the new one does this weekend.