Expediter Fees

buzzy

WKR
Due to the government offices being closed in the NWT the trophies have to be managed at the end of the season between the outfitter and F&G. So there are no options for hunters to take their trophy with them.

Got the email today that my trophies are ready to be shipped and Talon is the expediter. What a rip off as they want more to get the salted shoulder mount cape and skull cap of a dall sheep to my taxidermist in Anchorage. How the heck can they get away with that pricing? I may have to look into taxidermist in Edmonton but what a joke.

idig4au

WKR
I am not sure what you’re being charged but on average I’ve paid around $2000 to $2500 trophy shipment and customs handling/expediting for bringing sheep/goats in from international hunts. It’s much cheaper to bring as checked luggage but usually not possible because of paperwork timing. I’ve just accepted this as an added cost to the hunt.

Jonesry09

Lil-Rokslider
@buzzy if you do end up needing a taxidermist in Edmonton, shoot me a dm. I know a very good one from living there that I can connect you with.