Expensive boots hurt my feet and wallet !

Rllewis77

FNG
Why do all these expensive boots with vibram soles hurt my feet ? They are so hard on the forefoot . Any body else have this problem ?? Can any one recommend a boot with a soft sole ? Ive tried soloman and lowa so far , looking at crispi s now , betting they ll be hard as rocks too ..

You mean the bottom of your foot where your toes connect to the foot?

It shouldn’t be related to the vibram sole, that’s just the tread, the boot is made and lost between the sole and insole. Various methods used to change that stiffness.

It’s likely a fit issue with your foot trying to bend in a different spot than the boot, or your natural stride needs a little help rolling over with the stiffer sole, which would be a heel cup or insole with arch or both.

OP
R

Rllewis77

FNG
I have a pair of cheap timberland hiking boots that i work in all day , hunt in , hike in . They are awesome comfy , but fall apart and arent water proof . Not sure why my feet dont like these higher end boots . I put some superfeet insoles in my soloman quests . Didnt help , wore them for months trying to break them in .

10ringer

WKR
Solomons are among the softest of all boots. If they are hurting your feet you will likely have the same problem with all mountain boots. I had zero luck with superfeet. I found the Oboz insoles sold at rei were day and night more comfortable and much cheaper.

Go to REI and try some mid high hikers, they will have comfort similar to your everyday boots.

Another fantastic boot that fits more comfortably is the Zamberlan Salathe. Good luck, boot shopping is annoying and expensive but you will eventually find one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk