Experience/ Opinions on Tract Response 4-16x40 scope

TxJW

FNG
Would like to ask for your experience or opinions as to the overall quality of the Tract Response line one riflescopes. Tract seems to be a very high quality optic company, especially with the Toric line. I am wondering just how close is the Response to the Toric in clarity, tracking, durability, value, etc.

Not a lot of tests on the Response line. What are there are all positive.

Eli80

FNG
I have one on a 223. I have a toric 3-15 as well for comparison

The toric is better glass all day but the response is great for the price. Tracks and focuses well. Repeatable. Good eye box. Only even remote negative for me is the reticle seems a touch thick at times but that is purely aesthetic and has never affected shooting.

I would buy another response without any hesitation in that price range. I prefer it over the vortex viper line for what that’s worth. Company is great to deal with as well

OP
T

TxJW

FNG
I am trying to justify the difference in optical quality between the two. I want as light as possible, high build quality, side focus, mid range magnification, one inch preferred, scope. I guess the issue would be is the difference in optical clarity worth the price difference? Very subjective I know!

Eli80

FNG
I am trying to justify the difference in optical quality between the two. I want as light as possible, high build quality, side focus, mid range magnification, one inch preferred, scope. I guess the issue would be is the difference in optical clarity worth the price difference? Very subjective I know!
Toric is worth the upgrade IMO.

I would buy another response if I had a hard price cap but the toric is what will go on all my future rifles.

I had a 500 yard shot on a coues this year. I was in bright light and the deer was in shadow. I was on a downhill slope shooting across canyon so I had a less than ideal position behind the scope (toric 3-15x50). Tract has an awesome ballistics program that matches reticle. Scope performed flawlessly and dialed spot on.