Experience with 2011-2015 Ram 1500

Check out ecodiesel, if you can get a good deal on one. I have three friends with them that love them, and I also had a 2015 Grand Cherokee w/ an ecodiesel that my wife drove. It was one of the best vehicles we ever owned, and wouldn't have gotten rid of it if it weren't for needing a bigger car. They get 24+ mpg and run like a scalded ape. I know guys have problems with them getting hot pulling, but I also think if you keep in mind that its still a 1/2 ton truck and not a peterbuilt, you will be fine. I really like those trucks, I also wouldn't rule out an F-150 ecoboost, if you're not opposed to Ford..

OP
beerbucksducks
Thanks for the input guys! Still on the fence about keeping the old dodge or picking something else up. I’ve replaced a lot of warn out parts on the 99 so at some point most everything should be “new”. Pretty sure continuing part replacement will be cheaper than $20k, but who knows!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kda082

WKR
I own a 2014 Ram 1500 with the 5.7 and 6 speed. No regrets other than wishing it had the 8 speed auto, I have the 6. Been a good truck. So far 75,000 miles trouble free.

I have a 2012 1500 Bighorn with the 5.7 - 6spd auto. Just over 100K on the clock. Had a shift solenoid issue at about 75K and have recently developed an exhaust leak due to the rear exhaust manifold bolts breaking which seems to be a known issue on the 5.7. Otherwise the truck is great. I tow a trailer with a 550 gallon water tank up hills on dirt/mud/snowy roads every couple of weeks with no issues. I generally get 16 to 17 mpg during normal driving and can get 20 during highway/interstate drives, 13 to 14 towing

Whitty

FNG
I would only add to get the 8 speed transmission for sure! Smooth and much more efficient for my style of driving.