Experience with Barrett Fieldcraft?

VernAK

WKR
Mine is exceptionally accurate for such a light rifle. It feeds and functions as it should and the trigger is great....6CM

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
Another thing to say about Barrett is their customer service. I had a FC in 6.5 CM. The CBS was consistently 1 moa or so above the remaing rounds. I called them and they said to send it in, which they paid for. About 1 1/2 months later I get a call that they can't figure out why it's doing that and they are sending me a new rifle. I have never heard of that level of customer service before.

Another thing to say about Barrett is their customer service. I had a FC in 6.5 CM. The CBS was consistently 1 moa or so above the remaing rounds. I called them and they said to send it in, which they paid for. About 1 1/2 months later I get a call that they can't figure out why it's doing that and they are sending me a new rifle. I have never heard of that level of customer service before.

Wow. Have the new rifle in hand?

Bobbyboe

WKR

Interesting. I had an issue with vertical stringing as the barrel heated up. My POI would shift/drop about 1-1.5'" as the barrel heated up. Sounds similar. Barrett took my rifle back, re-bedded the stock and re worked the chamber (whatever that means). They said the problems were fixed and that it now shoots sub moa 5 shot groups. I have the rifle back, but haven't made it to the range yet.

Great customer service for sure. I love my rifle, just hope the stringing issue is fixed.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
ss13, your post is what prompted me to contact them. When you said they told you to send yours in I called them. I would have never dreamed they would even look at it, so I just lived with it that way for over a year. Thank you for posting about your rifle, I owe you one.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
Mine was getting 3 shot groups at 300 yards at 2" consistently and MOA or sometimes less at 600.

my son and his good hunting buddy, both hunt with me, I bought them each a FC in 6.5 CM from different sources and both are shooting very well, with "culled" loads easily making 3/4" AVERAGE 5 shot groups at 200 and -1" consistent shooting for hunting - I have had equally good luck the the latest Kimber HUNTERS (and they have that darned model 70 action) Great accuracy and smooth function from both

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I Love Mine. Shoots 5 shot sub moa all day long. Im confident it can do 1/2 moa if I can do my part. Still learning to handle a sub 7lb rifle. It doesnt forgive. Adjusted the trigger to 2lbs. Breaks like glass with no creep. Couldnt be happier with it.

Really heated it up last range session shooting 10 shots as fast as accurately possible. 30 seconds a shot give or take. No stringing and no fliers.
Specs - 6.5 creed, 21" barrel, swaro Z5 3-18 BRX no turrets, Talley rings with anticant, Spartan Javalin with universal guide adapter, scope guard alaska neoprene cover. Under 7lbs if i leave off the sling.

Tartan

WKR
I've been itching to get one of these. Need(want) a rifle update and I can't seem to find a bad review of the fieldcraft.

I've also had the itch for a suppressor and was thinking the 18" 7mm-08 as a nice general purpose gun.

Outdoor life published an article stating they're releasing a 280ai this year. This is the only place I've been able to find any mention of updates to the fieldcraft for 2019. I might just wait until they make any official statements about the 280ai or other new chamberings.

OL article

If you follow any of their social media accounts they've also teased a fieldcraft 'micro' action. pics of 224 valkerie and 6.8 spc.

JimGa

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up the rifle today. Shot 4 different factory loads through it. 3 shot moa at 500 yards, one shot closer to 1/2 moa, although I did t walk down and measure, but it was a tight glob on the steel. Great rifle and a super company. They sent me a hat with the rifle and thanked me for being understanding...... That kind of customer service is unheard of in this day and age.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I had one in 308 with the 21 inch barrel. It was an accurate rifle, and finished nicely... it just felt a little whippy to me....I felt better between the ears shooting my Cooper 300 win mag that is a couple of pounds heavier. I also didn't like the feel of the bolt.

EVERY lightweight rifle will feel a bit different with the idiosyncrasies being exacerbated by that light weight - For most it's only a matter of getting used to the "platform" - My shooting experiences are limited to Kimbers, Barrett with a lot of Tikka shooting in the midst (which I realize isn't true "lightweight" experience, but it's close) With that limited experience stated I still prefer the Kimber HUNTER with the Tikka SL a close second

My FC in 6.5cm is my favorite gun I have ever owned. For the type of hunting I do it’s just perfect. I haven’t put a ton of range time in with it but it’s been sub MOA every time I have shot it. Killed two white tails this past season so it works lol. Really well built, accurate rifle. Mine is 6.25lbs scoped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk