Experience with Barrett Fieldcraft?

brsnow

WKR
I guess I'm a bit more forgiving. These makers are pushing the limits on light weight factory production rifles because the market wants them, and I gave in to the fact that if I want a perfect rifle I will just have to go heavier.

I hope you will be as surprised as I have been at the accuracy for such a light rifle.

i donā€™t have issues with kimber accuracy either, they have shot great for me. I picked up a FC because they were described as not having the same issues as kimber with feeding .

brsnow

WKR
I pulled the firing pin and cycled shells. It does periodically hang up. If it works fine with spent shells I will just roll with it. If you cycle hard enough they will cycle. Perhaps having them hang up is a benefit when unloading vs having to pick up off the ground;-)

Reactions: zog
Another thing to say about Barrett is their customer service. I had a FC in 6.5 CM. The CBS was consistently 1 moa or so above the remaing rounds. I called them and they said to send it in, which they paid for. About 1 1/2 months later I get a call that they can't figure out why it's doing that and they are sending me a new rifle. I have never heard of that level of customer service before.

Had a similar experience with a Sako.

I see that this is an older thread but I have been researching the FC and it seems like a great platform in 6.5 CM. However, I cannot find one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of a 6.5 w 21" barrel for sale?

I see that this is an older thread but I have been researching the FC and it seems like a great platform in 6.5 CM. However, I cannot find one for sale anywhere. Does anyone know of a 6.5 w 21" barrel for sale?

Thereā€™s a 6.5 w/24ā€ special edition in the classifieds right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have to be diligent and ready to pay asking. They are out there.

I have one in 30-06. It's great.

I've heard there are some dogs out there in 25-06 and 7-08. You probably have one of these. If so, I guess I'll buy it from you.

Attachments

• IMG_5352.jpg
    IMG_5352.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 31